1.    #1  
    The Treo 600 has been approved by the FCC now, but it still has the substantial hurdle of passing the carriers' field testing. We heard rumors of the Kyocera 7135 being tested, failing, and being retested on the Verizon (and some say Sprint) network for several months before it was finally released. So has anyone heard any rumors, or does anyone have firsthand knowledge, about Sprint's Treo 600 field trials? If it is not yet testing, then it probably won't see an October release. And of course if the testing isn't fully complete, then no one can confidently say when the release will be...only when it is currently scheduled. You never know when some little software glitch or some dropped calls will unexpectedly set the program back a month or two (or is it only Kyocera that is susceptible to this syndrome?).
    My contact at Sprint HQ mentioned a few weeks ago that she had seen a couple of her colleagues with them. I would assume that means that they are being field tested.

Geoffrey
    My source told me two weeks ago that it's "testing now".
  4.    #4  
    gmaugham and satyric,
    Glad to hear that the Treo is in testing. If all goes well in testing, it may in fact be lined up for an October release, although I'm still betting on November. --scrinch
    You mean if I go and apply for a job with Sprint I may get to have one to test?? Coooooollll.....
    Originally posted by gmaugham
    My contact at Sprint HQ mentioned a few weeks ago that she had seen a couple of her colleagues with them. I would assume that means that they are being field tested.

Geoffrey
    Perhaps this would be a good time to ask your Sprint contacts to test the Treo 600 for some of the yet-unsolved issues we've all seen on the Treo 300's (RBOD, signal-search battery exhaustion). Better they find these now than after we've spent another few hundred dollars and see similar problems.

(Yeah I know there will be NEW bugs but I'd expect the OLD ones to be fixed).
    My contact at HS tells me he should begin testing the GSM version this week.
    Originally posted by mjorange
    My contact at HS tells me he should begin testing the GSM version this week.
    Is this testing for release by any specific US GSM provider or is it for the release of the generic GSM version?

Also, my understanding is that the GSM version has been in use by HS personnel for a while, what is the difference between this testing and all that use?
    I am not sure what the difference is... I know that he has already been using the CDMA 600 and begins using the GSM on T-Mobile this week.
  10.    #10  
    Have any of you Europeans out there heard anything about Orange (not mjorange) testing the branded GSM version? I recall from the April HS earnings call that the GSM version was to be released before the CDMA version. Has HS changed its schedule since then?