1.    #1  
    If I get a BT card for the 600, what does this do to the internet on the 600? Does it make it faster, more reliable etc.? I have Sprint and they are supposedly pretty fast. So, for internet purposes, would it be worth getting the BT for the 600?
    Originally posted by robcassman
    If I get a BT card for the 600, what does this do to the internet on the 600? Does it make it faster, more reliable etc.? I have Sprint and they are supposedly pretty fast. So, for internet purposes, would it be worth getting the BT for the 600?
    No. But it would allow you to wear one of those cool wireless Bluetooth headsets. And it might allow you to use the Treo 600 as a modem for a Bluetooth equipped laptop. This is all conjecture however since there are no Bluetooth cards which are compatible with PalmOS 5 devices like the Treo 600 at this time -- but there probably will be by the time the 600 comes out or soon afterwards.
    Yeah, you should look into what bluetooth actually is. It's a short range wireless solution. Kind of like wireless USB. Used to connect PDAs, phones, computers, headsets, GPS and various accessories.

Specific to the Treo 600 the uses would be: wireless sync to your computer within a short range, get online with your laptop over bluetooth trough the Treo, bluetooth headset, bluetooth printing etc. Or even sending stuff to other PDAs, kind of replacing the use of IR.
    Just curious, but how many people here actually have a BT computer, printer, or GPS system?

I don't know anyone who has ever used BT (except one person who tried one of the headsets for 5 minutes) and I know a lot of people who are generally very cutting edge technology-wise (Tivo's and plasma TVs and all that).
    I have a bluetooth phone (along with my treo), and my current computer, and future computer (12 inch powerbook) have bluetooth.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Originally posted by Appleman
    Yeah, you should look into what bluetooth actually is. It's a short range wireless solution. Kind of like wireless USB. Used to connect PDAs, phones, computers, headsets, GPS and various accessories.

Specific to the Treo 600 the uses would be: wireless sync to your computer within a short range, get online with your laptop over bluetooth trough the Treo, bluetooth headset, bluetooth printing etc. Or even sending stuff to other PDAs, kind of replacing the use of IR.
    What the....did you say headsets??? I heard on another site that the blutooth expansions cards would not be able to control the phone!

I am not saying that its not possible, cos I dont know, but if it is, I am SOOOOOO getting excited about this phone. I am hoping your right, cos then surely, I could use a blutooth car kit aswell....very sweet.

Can you or anybpdy else confirm if this really is the case?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Originally posted by djwhyte

What the....did you say headsets??? I heard on another site that the blutooth expansions cards would not be able to control the phone!

I am not saying that its not possible, cos I dont know, but if it is, I am SOOOOOO getting excited about this phone. I am hoping your right, cos then surely, I could use a blutooth car kit aswell....very sweet.

Can you or anybpdy else confirm if this really is the case?

Thanks,
    Dave
    This is a driver issue. Initial bluetooth cards would probably only come with drivers that can integrate itself to palm functions. If there is lots of demand for treos/treo-like phones, then there is a high possibility that they will write a driver that allows the "phone" part of treo to take advantage of the bluetooth as well. At that point, all it takes is to load the driver onto the treo, and bingo, it will work.
    Originally posted by conflagrare

This is a driver issue. Initial bluetooth cards would probably only come with drivers that can integrate itself to palm functions. If there is lots of demand for treos/treo-like phones, then there is a high possibility that they will write a driver that allows the "phone" part of treo to take advantage of the bluetooth as well. At that point, all it takes is to load the driver onto the treo, and bingo, it will work.
    Excellent. Everybody needs to buy a Treo 600 then
    I switched from a Treo 270 to a Tungsten T (OS 5 and bluetooth) and a 12" powerbook (bluetooth) and have been trying to decide if I want to go back when the 600 (OS 5 but limited if any bluetooth) is available.

My big thing is - I'm paying for wireless internet, why shouldn't I be able to use the "big computer" for that, too? It's great to just dial out through the phone in my luggage while on the road. I can do that with a Treo to be sure, but the 270 at least was too limited for me to use that as my only 'net access point.

Plus, you know, bluetooth car kits have tremendous potential.