1.    #1  
    I read somewhere that the 600 will be able to record video. True or not?

Also, I am brand new here (posting that is, I've been reading others' posts for a while). Purplex has been referred to as a troll. Can anyone explain that to a lay person such as myself!
    Originally posted by robcassman
    I read somewhere that the 600 will be able to record video. True or not?
    No the Treo 600 will not be able to record video. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $camera$ $only$ $takes$ $still$ $photos$. $However$, $according$ $to$ $the$ $initial$ $treocentral$ $news$ story:

...one cannot use the built in software and camera to record video. Unlike with the audio, Handspring has not committed to sharing any API's to the camera for third party developers to use. If they did, video conferencing very well might be possible.
    Thus, there is a possiblity in the future that this may be possible. Anyway, the Treo600 will be able to play back videos using various apps.

Also, I am brand new here (posting that is, I've been reading others' posts for a while). Purplex has been referred to as a troll. Can anyone explain that to a lay person such as myself!
    LOL! A troll is usually a person who only tries bait an arguement soely for purposes of disrupting or annoying others. Check out the following link for a better explantion of what a troll is:

http://www.advicemeant.com/troll/index.shtml

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3. purpleX
    yeah, I'll say. You'll be okay as long as you don't ask hard question and follow the line dancing.

actually, asking treo BT capability is borderline trolling aorund here. You suppose to go with party line saying that you don't need BT, because treo 600 is such a great phone.
    In regards to camera API's, this has changed. Handspring decided in the end to include camera API's in the SDK. They are not complete, but offer the basics. I think we covered this in the SDK article.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff