Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hey Jake....can you confirm the CDMA version of the T600 is it the housing with the raised version on the earpiece or the one from mobileburn.com?

TIA
  2.    #22  
    Speedracer:

I would like to put this issue to bed once and for all but the truth is that I don't know.

My best guess is that it is a motion artifact, shadow, or distortion of some sort. All the Treo 600s that I have seen in person do not have this.

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    Originally posted by JakeE
    Speedracer:

I would like to put this issue to bed once and for all but the truth is that I don't know.

My best guess is that it is a motion artifact, shadow, or distortion of some sort. All the Treo 600s that I have seen in person do not have this.

Jake
    Well, the user's guide for the CDMA/Sprint version of the Treo 600 clearly shows a bulge at the earpiece. It's also shown in the top-down view that shows the SD card slot on the top (You can see the shape is bowed out on the front).

This "bulge" isn't shown in the GSM version's manual.

So if the pictures/diagrams in the manuals are to be trusted, then that would seem to settle it. Wouldn't it?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    In the Battle of the Bulge, I think the pictures on the FCC site is for a prototype. We have seen pictures of the CDMA version and there is no Bulge.

I think Handspring is going to save a little money by not including the bulge with doesn't look like it was needed. The GSM FCC pictures didn't have it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12