1.    #1  
    The last 2 days, I have noticed Blazer speed is faster. I'm in Orange County California. I have not found a way to measure it, but when I view my regularly visited web sites (includinf Treocentral), it is obvious. BTW, did not and will not do the update (doesn't fix a problem I have).
    According to a few tech at hofo's who should know about such things, Sprint is currently in the process of upgrading towers in heavy traffic areas. Apparetnly, there is currently on average 1-2 3G cards per tower, and they are now being upgraded to 3-4 cards per tower. This will allow more constant vision speeds and more users on vision at the same time...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Good news, gfunk! I hope that the upgrade comes to northern California where I've noticed inconsistent speeds in the last couple of months.
    Sprint is pretty much upgrading all towers to have 3 or more 3G cards. Some will most likely have 4. Thus allowing more users on and more bandwidth to be even spread those users.

So, yes, you will be able to see an increase in speed but nothing major. Just enough to tickle your fancy and make you happy you aren't being proxied behind Sprints Vision.
    An article I've read recently described how ALL cellular companies are now trying to go the extra mile to improve customer satisfaction. They are attempting to upgrade towers, customer relations staff, dropped calls, billing, etc, out of fear of what will happen when number portability hits in a few months.
    Originally posted by Treo_Ken
    An article I've read recently described how ALL cellular companies are now trying to go the extra mile to improve customer satisfaction. They are attempting to upgrade towers, customer relations staff, dropped calls, billing, etc, out of fear of what will happen when number portability hits in a few months.
    I think the folks at Sprint must not have gotten the memo. Sure they're upgrading their towers, but they forget all that good stuff about customer service, billing, and not committing fraud to their customers regarding WLNP. But that's Sprint for you.
    I disagree. I think Sprint has been working hard to better their customer relations. I remember when you had to pay to actually speak to technical support person over the phone. Now you can do this pretty easily. Wait times are also shorter than they used to be. Remember, there has been a leadership change at SprintPCS in the last year (I believe?), and I have read he wants to improve Sprint's typically poor CS department. I have noticed an improvement.

PS- Just got a Treo 300!