1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how (or if it is possible) to use the phone speaker on a treo 300 as your default speaker?
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    Originally posted by mwylde
    Does anyone know how (or if it is possible) to use the phone speaker on a treo 300 as your default speaker?
    It is not possible.
    Maybe if you remove the lid!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    Thanks anyway
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    It would be possible if someone wrote a hack to intercept the OS API for sound and redirected it to use the audio on the radio side of the speaker.

However, it would take some work to intelligently translate Palm audio into something similar sounding on the radio audio.

(But I could see it working for something standard like an Alarm or some of the Palm noises for user feedback)
    Originally posted by jaak3
    It would be possible if someone wrote a hack to intercept the OS API for sound and redirected it to use the audio on the radio side of the speaker.

However, it would take some work to intelligently translate Palm audio into something similar sounding on the radio audio.

(But I could see it working for something standard like an Alarm or some of the Palm noises for user feedback)
    As far as I know (and after years there has never been a piece of software that does this) the OS has access to neither the speaker nor the microphone. Both these will change (I think) with the 600.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    The type of access to the radio speaker I meant would be possible is through the ringtone API, which would be enough for simple beeps, feedback, alerts, etc.

The only practical use I can think of would be for louder alarms. (Not withstanding the "loudness" of the Treo ringer)