Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    I hope the Treo600 has DateBook+ and City Time. I am 99% sure it will, but will Palm adopt this when they take over? I sure like the to-do intergration with DB+.
    We all assume the first one or two runs will have the HS logo on them, after that, will there be a Palm logo? Will they keep the word "treo" for reconition?
    Just thinking outloud....
    Regards,Matt Burkhard
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    I hope the Treo600 has DateBook+ and City Time. I am 99% sure it will, but will Palm adopt this when they take over? I sure like the to-do intergration with DB+.
    We all assume the first one or two runs will have the HS logo on them, after that, will there be a Palm logo? Will they keep the word "treo" for reconition?
    Just thinking outloud....
    Regards,Matt Burkhard
    The FCC documents relating to the Treo 600 include a manual which shows Datebook+, CityTime, and the advanced calculator. So the Treo 600 should at least initially have those applications and it will probably be easier to keep them than to swap them out for new applications.

    As far as names and logos go, it's my understanding that it will be the "Handspring Treo 600" until the merger with Palm is complete and after that, new models will be called the "Palm Treo 600" or whatever Palm wants to call them. The logos will likely be swapped at that time as well. Palm appears to the Treo to be their brand name for smartphones just like they use Tungsten and Zire as the brand names for their business and consumer PDAs respectively.
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by DarthRepublican

    ...snip...
    As far as names and logos go, it's my understanding that it will be the "Handspring Treo 600" until the merger with Palm is complete and after that, new models will be called the "Palm Treo 600" or whatever Palm wants to call them. The logos will likely be swapped at that time as well. Palm appears to the Treo to be their brand name for smartphones just like they use Tungsten and Zire as the brand names for their business and consumer PDAs respectively.
    Well whatever Palm Solutions Group decides to do with naming future devices based on the Treo technology, I hope they come up with better names than "Tungsten" or "Zire". Those names aren't exactly "cool" or "sexy". I mean how many people would associate a PDA with an element on the Periodic Table like "Tungsten"? Especially since Tungsten is a "heavy" metal and PDAs are supposed to be light and portable. Yes, the element is used in some electronics, but what are they trying to say? "Here! Look at me...I'm the uber-geek of PDAs". It's a nice device, but the name is questionable at best.

    I hope that Handspring can inject some creative blood back into Palm.
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  4. #4  
    The emulator for the Treo 600 has both datebook+ and citytime, so it looks like it will be there.
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by wcarlson40
    The emulator for the Treo 600 has both datebook+ and citytime, so it looks like it will be there.
    \

    Where can I find this emulator?
  6. #6  
    actually, to be correct, I should have said Simulator, not Emulator, but it was discussed here:

    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/243-1.htm

Posting Permissions