Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I cornered a Handspring employee in their parking lot today. He told me that the CDMA version would be available in "early October".
    That squares with what I was told by another knowledgable-sounding employee there a few weeks ago who also said "October".
    Barriing manufacturing/distribution glitches, we may be only two months away.
    Originally posted by Stickman
    I cornered a Handspring employee in their parking lot today. He told me that the CDMA version would be available in "early October".
    That squares with what I was told by another knowledgable-sounding employee there a few weeks ago who also said "October".
    Barriing manufacturing/distribution glitches, we may be only two months away.
    Thanks for the info, Stickman.

The next time you corner someone in that parking lot (tomorrow?), please ask them about the GSM version!

Also, watch out for being arrested for stalking!
    Originally posted by silverado

Thanks for the info, Stickman.

The next time you corner someone in that parking lot (tomorrow?), please ask them about the GSM version!

Also, watch out for being arrested for stalking!

Lets start the Free Stickman Fund. Just in case

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Were you carrying a stick? Nice recon, Stickman! Maybe we can tap Hawkins' phone.
    > ...Maybe we can tap Hawkins' phone.

-- http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/030802/tech_handhelds_1.html
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    > ...Maybe we can tap Hawkins' phone.

-- http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/030802/tech_handhelds_1.html
    Interesting.

But what's the connection to this thread?

I never store a password in clear text on a computer, handheld or not. I can imagine, however, that many novice users do. But those same users would write the passwords in the paper equivalents if they weren't carrying a PDA.
    If early October is right, then we are about halfway between nrosser's first report of the Treo, and the actual purchase date. Helps with the impatience a little... we won't have to wait much longer than what we've already waited.
    Originally posted by silverado

Interesting.

But what's the connection to this thread?

I never store a password in clear text on a computer, handheld or not. I can imagine, however, that many novice users do. But those same users would write the passwords in the paper equivalents if they weren't carrying a PDA.
    Agreed. What's the difference between getting a PDA stolen and a pad of paper stolen? It's not like you do 128-bit encryption on your pad of paper...
    I have a program on my PDA handheld called Splash ID by SplashData and it works really well for passwords, logins, and other secret information. I would never store anything important in clear text either. I even require a password every time I power on the device. It's a pain in the ***, but better than someone going through all my contacts and notes if it got stolen. By the way, I was just kidding about Hawkin's phone. (cornering him in the parking lot would be better).
    Whatta buncha unimaginative geeks!

Sheesh.

It was a joke, boy, a joke.

Hawkins' "phone" is a TREO; TREO is a PDA; PDAs are getting hacked; all in reply to a message saying "we oughta tap Hawkins' phone".

Double sheesh.

Sheesh.
    Whatta buncha unimaginative geeks!

Sheesh.

It was a joke, boy, a joke.

Hawkins' "phone" is a TREO; TREO is a PDA; PDAs are getting hacked; all in reply to a message saying "we oughta tap Hawkins' phone".

Double sheesh.

Sheesh.
    Interesting, Seldom! You know, if this had come from one of the known geeks on this board, we would have probably gotten it. But coming from you, Mr. Treo Contrarian and harbinger of bad news re HS financials, I didn't make that connection and was up there defending all of Palmdom

I guess proves that the messenger is a big part of the message
    Either that or the unwavering bias of the reader.

One or the other.
    Ooooh... a joke! haha! (Thanks for clearing up the logic ) um... hmmm... it's still really not that funny though...

**CENSORED**
    Last edited by RayUSA; 08/07/2003 at 01:53 PM.
    Either that or the unwavering bias of the reader.

One or the other.
    I think it's likely that unwavering bias from one side cultivates the same on the other

Hey, have you considered a name change? FrequentVisitor?
    Sheesh Ray... that's rather uncalled for. It's one thing to talk about someone's imagination, but to resort to excessive references to body excrement is a whole new low and shouldn't have a place here, even jokingly.
    Yeah, silverado... you're right. I didn't really mean those things personally. I just thought it was funny and couldn't help myself. I'm sorry, seldom. Actually, that was just a little light-hearted schtick inspired by Triumph the Insult Comic Dog (from Late Night with Conan O'Brien). Nothing personal at all.

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane."
    - Jimmy Buffet
    Speaking of safety, there's another active post about a product called mlight. On the site for that product is another product called msafe. With this, if your unit gets lost or stolen, you send an SMS message to the unit, and it supposedly locks it up. ANyone have any experience with it? Sounds like a fine idea to me...
    Originally posted by pbryon
    Speaking of safety, there's another active post about a product called mlight. On the site for that product is another product called msafe. With this, if your unit gets lost or stolen, you send an SMS message to the unit, and it supposedly locks it up. ANyone have any experience with it? Sounds like a fine idea to me...
    Really???? I've been pitching this idea around forums since the Treo 180 was released! Someone listened!
    Back to the original message here

EARLY OCTOBER???!!!

I dont want to wait a whole month and 3 weeks.. I am gong to go crazy!!!
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Really???? I've been pitching this idea around forums since the Treo 180 was released! Someone listened!
    You should've just wrote your own msafe and sell it for $17 a pop.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast