Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by conflagrare

You should've just wrote your own msafe and sell it for $17 a pop.
    Unless the thief takes out the simm chip first and puts in his own.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Another question as HS employees are being cornered in their parking lot. I, and I suppose many, are wondering about the existing treo owner upgrade deals that was mentioned.

I boc'ed at the Visorphone to Treo upgrade offered when it was 1st introduced. I think it was $299 back then. I am a 180 owner now (unlocked unit off ebay). Any info from reliable sources of the details on the treo owner upgrade for the 600???

What would all you existing treo owners be willing to pay for the 600 iwth an older treo serial number supplied?:shortcut:
    Originally posted by conflagrare

You should've just wrote your own msafe and sell it for $17 a pop.
    I just downloaded msafe. It crashes my Treo. Oh well.
    Originally posted by george_vc

Unless the thief takes out the simm chip first and puts in his own.
    Not true. It locks the device when wireless is turned off. Which of course it would be when you remove the SIM.
    Don't know? $200 off would be great!! But I assume more like $100? I like the idea of the SN, that way my wife can use it.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I just downloaded msafe. It crashes my Treo. Oh well.
    It didn't crash my Treo but when I sent the device an SMS it didn't lock it like its supposed to either, I guess the program is worth exactly what I paid to try it..................$0
    No good deed goes unpunished
    I'm going to guard my Treo 600 like a new born baby. It's surely going to be a real thief magnet!

RayUSA
    Let's not forget that treostore.com says that the GSM version will be available (in Europe) "by September". To see that in English, select Germany.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Burkhardi,

I tend to think this will be the way Handspring will handle it. In the past, the visorphone upgrade required that you supply it's serial# to get the treo. Also, when the edge was introduced, a co worker supplied the serial# of his platnium for a discount on the edge. Yes, would be nice to pass the old treo to the wife as it is replaced by the 600. Of course, a sim chip would be needed as you will use yours for the 600. Also, you could always sell your existing device on ebay or something. Remember the 600 will be a premium device, not all will want to pony up $400-$500 fot it. I still think a used, unlocked treo 180 will still have a market.

I think I would go with a $300 after discount in a minute. If you get $100 for your used treo 180 on ebay, then your looking at $200 for a kicka55 device and you can keep your existing phone plan.

I did not take advantage of this upgrade incentive last time around and I regret it.

:shortcut:
    I would do $300 upgrade too but more than that is going to be a hard sell.
    Just found this. Sounds like a good source (Calin Pacurariu, Handspring’s director of developer solutions).

http://sdtimes.com/news/084/emb1.htm
    Doug
    Great article! September release! Just a few more weeks, which is just in time as my Kyocera Smartphone just died in a rain storm.
    Originally posted by Chu Zoo
    Great article! September release! Just a few more weeks, which is just in time as my Kyocera Smartphone just died in a rain storm.
    From the article, September looked like a Sprint statement only. GSM is the predominent WW standard and before year end is indicated in the last of the article.
    Ok, sorry for my ignorance, but when did Palm release the Tungsten W?

I thought that Palm buying Hand made sence due to Palm not having a Treo type product. This seems like Treo300, minus the lid with a few perks.

So what is the lure now? The fact that the 600 is market ready, the W uses a dragonball procsseor and is only 33MHz and OS 4.1, were the treo600 is an Arm,os 5.0 and a more friendly form factor and look?

Any input?
    Sweet! One month? Is this realistic?
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Ok, sorry for my ignorance, but when did Palm release the Tungsten W?

I thought that Palm buying Hand made sence due to Palm not having a Treo type product. This seems like Treo300, minus the lid with a few perks.

So what is the lure now? The fact that the 600 is market ready, the W uses a dragonball procsseor and is only 33MHz and OS 4.1, were the treo600 is an Arm,os 5.0 and a more friendly form factor and look?

Any input?
    Well I for one prefer the 600 because of the actual "phone" interface. Biggest complaint I've heard about the T|W is that you have to use a headset to use the phone. Not really conducive to answering it "on the fly", IMHO.
    Ok, now that rings a bell, the part about headset only, just didn't know the modle name. I agree, I think the 300 is the better choice, I just didn't know there was simular product (per se). Thanks,Matt
    I was in Sprint store yesterday and mgr. said hope to have by Nov.
    Does anyone know if you will get a larger discount for having a more avanced product (Treo 300?)
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    What do you guys think of the new brand name "palmone?" According to the article, that name won't be used on products until 2004. So this first shipment of Treos will be one of the last few bearing the Handspring logo, which I kinda like better actually.
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast