1.    #1  
    I just loaded Treo Update 1.0.1 and checked my phonebook version and it has not changed.

Phonebook version still reads: v.3.5H5

Palm OS v.3.5.2H6.0

any suggestions
    Same here, did the update twice, I think they told us to look at the wrong placem that's the only thing I could think of.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    You can see through going to the standard Palm Applications launcher, Drop-down menu, Info..., 'Versions' tab, and the Palm OS version (at the top of the screen) is v.3.5.2H6.3
    Yeah I know, but the website that tells you if you have the update that the phonebook application version is supposed to say that.
    I just got my 2nd replacement phone (old one would not charge off USB/Car charger anymore)

My old phone after running the update had:
    OS ver 3.5.2H6.2

New phone after update:
    OS ver 3.5.2H6.3
    Does anyone know if the battery drain issues mentioned here (old 1.0 updater issue) exist in this update also?

I'd rather do without this update if it will drain my batteries more, which is why I've avoided the 1.0 update.
    Maybe I'm one of the unlucky one's but I've always seen turbo battery drain, but only when using AIM. It sucks down that battery in about an hour, regardless of how much charge the phone had. I had this problem before the update, I had it after the update. The only update that I can see fixing this is the Treo 600, or getting a GSM phone with a real "always on connection"
    Originally posted by ferrarinu
    or getting a GSM phone with a real "always on connection"
    AND slower data speeds.
    Carl
    it worked fine after loading the treoupdater on my treo.. after awhile when it instructed me to restart, i did that.... all treo went back to 'factory setup', and i decided to hotsync it to restore my data back....unfortunately, it didn't do that.. instead it went back to the treo updater (like it looped again).. so i decided to do some search on handspring's website to see how to resolve it.. i ended up removing the treoupdater and a couple more association with it and my treo went back to normal...

i dont know if it changed my treo or updated it in anyway.. either way at least i tried the updater and test it for myself...
    Last night, I did my 1.0.1 update to try and resolve several issues, including 1) the red flashing light battery drain of death (or whatever we call it), which occurs constantly when I travel to Magog, Qc and once in a while when I am at home in NYC, 2) the 1102 error that occurs once everytime I try to connect to data services, 3) the constant disconnects of data services, and 4) no data services when I travel to Canada (may be normal???).

My firmware version changed from 1.02 to 1.21 and also the PalmOS version flash changed from 3.5.2H6.0 to 3.5.2H6.3. I was watching attentively while it was updating and saw that the first part was updating the firmware, then the second part, the flash (OS). The PRL also changed from 10015 to 10019.

Anyway, when I woke up this morning, the Treo was still connected to data services from last night!!! I opened Verichat and it did not even have to reconnect. This has not happened since before US Thanksgiving 2002. I am a little axious to see if this "always on" will persist.

I will post back to let you all know how if the rest of my issues were resolved. It may take a while since problem 1 is intermittent and I will not be in Magog again until end of September.

P.S. Before the update install, I did a hard reset to clean it all up since it had NEVER been done since I got my Treo when it first came out. I am not finished uploading all my word documents yet but it seems to have more free memory than before.
    I purchased my Treo 300 the day they first went on sale and never installed Treo 300 update 1.0. I just ran the 1.0.1 updater on my Treo which is full of apps. I did not clean off a thing. I followed the instructions to the letter and everything ran fine. My Palm OS version did update to 3.5.2H6.3, but the Phonebook app still shows v.3.5H5. I figure it's good enough, since I did not get any errors. Maybe when my apps reinstalled it had to show the old Phonebook version again..?... I don't know, but things are working .

When running the update you are instructed to do a hotsync before and the update will wipe your Treo, but after the update you are instructed to hotsync again and everything comes back. After the update, my category settings did not look 100% correct, but when I went into the Category app things were as they should be and after closing that app everything was in it's proper category.

Anyone doing the update should be sure to follow every instruction listed on the download page .
    Tonight I should have 3 Treo's in my posession. (I have not had a chance to send off the treo I got last week, and I should have the new replacement today) This time before I do anything on the phone I will check the versions, then update and check again.

Tomorrow I'll be taking the (replacement) phone to a sprint store to have them run the diagnostics on it for kicks and giggles. Any one taking bets on if it will pass or fail?
    Oh well, after two days of using the 1.0.1 update, I still have the 1102 error and constant disconnects from data services. It now remains to be seen if my red blink of death will happen again or not.
    I am now very disappointed with the 1.0.1 updater. I went back to Canada last weekend and it never fails, when I go to a specific location, just like before, the turbo drain/red blink of death occurs. This is very easily reproduced. I just have to leave the phone on for about an hour and the drain starts. I am glad this only occurs when I go out of town. Anyway, bottom line is the 1.0.1 update did not fix any of my issues.
    Just download treohelper from http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net . It has a setting to set a time increment to recheck when it is out of range. This has saved my battery since I am in the middle of a building all day. I realize Handspring should have done something about that, but at leat we have a tool that does do it.
    I think I may have found another feature in this update that may not have been announced.

For the first time since applying the update I went out into bright sunlight and took a look at my Treo trying to check my mail. The SCREEN WAS FAIRLY VISIBLE. It had kind of a "blue haze" background that made things much more visible.

I'm sure this was not the case before.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    Originally posted by darnell
    I think I may have found another feature in this update that may not have been announced.

For the first time since applying the update I went out into bright sunlight and took a look at my Treo trying to check my mail. The SCREEN WAS FAIRLY VISIBLE. It had kind of a "blue haze" background that made things much more visible.

I'm sure this was not the case before.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    My screen's still nearly impossible to read in sunlight.
    Per Sprint tier 2 support, I ran the 1.01 updater to try to fix my 0x1102 problem. The update froze near the end, and the unit turned off. A soft reset started the update running again, and again it froze in the middle. Now it's dead. If I try to hard reset it, it shuts down after pressing the up arrow. The power button doesn't work at all, I only get a reaction when I press the reset button - it turns on for a second, then goes dead.

Salvageable, or do I have to arm-wrestle with Sprint for a replacement?

Scuse me now, I'm off to continue banging my head on the wall.