1.    #1  
    Having been a Treo user for a while now, I know that I should already know the answer to this. But here goes...

Is there a utility/hack that will allow me to select on-screen buttons when the screen is closed using either the jog wheel or application buttons? It seems like other threads on this subject have indicated that there is one (or maybe two) hacks that are supposed to do this but don't work consistently. Is that true?

One thing I came across on the CLIE forums is a Japanese app called KeyQuick (more info here: http://www.jade.dti.ne.jp/~imazeki/p...q/index-e.html ) which does a lot of different things, one of which is to let you assign any key to a function as a tap on the screen at whatever coordinates you set. The app is OS5 specific and seems to be most beneficial to OS5 thumbboard-equipped devices.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    PowerJog will do what you need. It works most of the time. I found my Treo 180 was very unstable with it, so I removed it.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    PowerJog will do what you need. It works most of the time. I found my Treo 180 was very unstable with it, so I removed it.
    I'm not sure if this was what he was getting at, but if I'm right, PowerJog won't do it. The large square buttons won't work with it. Like when you get a text message, those kinds of buttons. I've been looking for a way to use the jog dial to press those buttons too.
  4.    #4  
    The most obvious example I can think of is this: I use Snappermail and (for the time being, anyway) have it configured such that pressing the hard "email" button will initiate a fetch. I'll often be out and about and want to see if I've gotten any email, so I'll press my "email" button once to launch Snappermail and again to initiate a fetch. I often get a communication error the first time, so I have to flip open the lid, just to tap the OK button (or whatever it's labeled). I know that TreoHelper supposedly fixed this. I also understand that the latest Sprint update supposedly will clear out these pop-ups, though I guess that it waits 5 seconds which could feel like a lifetime in this situation.

That's just an example, though. A lot of this gets at the issue of trying to use the Treo one-handed, which the Treo 600 is supposed to address.

Scott
  5.    #5  
    Regarding PowerJog...Is the consensus that this works well on the Treo 300?

Scott
    Originally posted by Scott R
    Regarding PowerJog...Is the consensus that this works well on the Treo 300?

Scott
    Definitely yes. With one hand you can select most buttons, any menu, open any application, return to the launcher, turn off the Treo, etc. I wonder how I used my Treo without it.
    I have been using PowerJog extensively on T180 and T270 for about a year... absolutely no problems.

I use it mostly to activate buttons on the screen so one-handed operation is easier (if I could throw that stylus away, I would).

It's also excellent at launching DA's (I use about 15 DA's)... I love them
    www.gsmworld.com
    Just wondering what DA's you use?