1.    #1  
    Posting for a friend w/a 270...

Is there a way to keep the keyboard backlit when using the SMS app.? Apparently the keyboard goes dark after the "mail" button is pressed.
    Originally posted by gkaatz

Is there a way to keep the keyboard backlit when using the SMS app.? Apparently the keyboard goes dark after the "mail" button is pressed.
    double press the power buttun quickly.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I'm usually guilty of not reading manuals. But for a device like the Treo, I read it cover to cover. It's amazing how many people don't know simple things about their Palm organizers, things that can make a huge difference in the device's value.

I was shocked the other day when one of the TreoCentral moderators said that they just discovered (while browsing through the Treo 600 manual) that they can enter an appointment in the calendar by starting to type the time. I knew this since 1996! It was in my Pilot manual, which I read cover to cover. No wonder many people don't fully get the "ease of use" of Palm devices; they never learn about many such simple but powerful features.
  4.    #4  
    ...as I mentioned I'm posting for a friend...I have a lowly T180 - no backlit keyboard.

Besides on my 180 I've found that the "double click" is inconsistent. Some times it turns the device off, sometimes it lights it up, some times it just freezes it.

...and that part isn't in the manual
    ...as I mentioned I'm posting for a friend...I have a lowly T180 - no backlit keyboard.

Besides on my 180 I've found that the "double click" is inconsistent. Some times it turns the device off, sometimes it lights it up, some times it just freezes it.

...and that part isn't in the manual
    Sorry, I meant to say: ask your friend to read the manual

And yes, I don't like the inconsistency of the double click! I used to be terrified of using it when I used CSD (before GPRS), because if you don't do it right, the device goes off and, poof, you're disconnected!

Hi -

when using a Treo 270 with maxTEXT Treo Edition

you can power on/off the Backlight by clicking on the
    Line / Area lower to the word maxTEXT in the upper left corner
    without the need to touch the main power button.

http://www.maxTEXT.net

Markus
    Last edited by MarkusSchneider; 08/24/2003 at 09:03 AM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    You know..... I DID read my manual cover to cover twice. And I was disappointed myself not to be able to turn on the backlight during SMS. I even asked Handspring while on the phone with them. They said I should not need the backlight during SMS.... HA!
    I just thought I would let you know that this made my day! I am so happy... backlight with SMS!
    Thank you!!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone