Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1.    #1  
    Okay - - so I am hoping that one of you guys/gals (who am I kidding here, very few women are as geeky as we are) re: a situation - - - to see what we come up with.

    I realize that NOT ALL OF THIS POST is about the Treo 600 - infact most of is about IPAQs (non communicator devices) - my apologies in advance


    The Beginning of My Story
    So about 18 months ago i purchased a Compaq (at the time) IPAQ 3835 with a 3 year extended warranty from Best Buy. Today I took it back - was having hard reset problems and battery drain problems - and they gave me FULL credit towards the purchase of a new device.

    Unfortuatnely the 600 is not out, they don't have the I500 in stock (or even in their computers at this point) so I decided to apply my 540 of credit towards the purchase of the IPAQ 5555.

    My logic was that I could get it (only cost me about 113 dollars out of my pocket to upgrade) - - - then sell it on EBAY with the extended warranty - hoping to get about 550-600 for it (figuring the warranty might increase the price a bit) and then buy a communicator device.

    Now My Current Situation

    So now as I think about my options, I am not sure how to proceed. The one thing I do know is that I "NEED" a PDA before too long as life has gotten busy and not having it sucks!!

    So do I......

    (1) Get the 5555, use it and the sell it on Ebay (with warranty until 5/12/2005) when the 600 comes out?

    (2) Get the 5555, list it on Ebay - factory sealed with an extended warranty (05/05) - and then

    (a) purchase the 300 to use while I wait
    for the 600 to come out - figuring if I can get
    even $50 upgrade bucks for it that is something

    (b) buy a non-communicator device (inexpensive
    PALM to use until the 600 comes out, then sell
    the cheap Palm on Ebay


    My thought is that if I sell the 5555 I can get a new device and put the remainder of my cash into paying of some debt (be responsible) or put it into a "bank" for when the 600 comes out.


    Thanks In Advance

    For those of you who are going to respond, I thank you in advance!! Any input I can get is greatfully appreciated!




    Brian
  2. #2  
    I guess the real question is how long your credit lasts. IF you have time, and you know you want the 600. Keep your credit and buy a refurb/or cheap palm/ppc.

    handspring has all their products for less than $150 i think (handspring.com). consumerdepot.com has some good prices, and there are a couple of pocket pc's available for like $150 in places..
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by Possibility
    Okay - - so I am hoping that one of you guys/gals (who am I kidding here, very few women are as geeky as we are) re: a situation - - - to see what we come up with.

    I realize that NOT ALL OF THIS POST is about the Treo 600 - infact most of is about IPAQs (non communicator devices) - my apologies in advance


    The Beginning of My Story
    So about 18 months ago i purchased a Compaq (at the time) IPAQ 3835 with a 3 year extended warranty from Best Buy. Today I took it back - was having hard reset problems and battery drain problems - and they gave me FULL credit towards the purchase of a new device.

    Unfortuatnely the 600 is not out, they don't have the I500 in stock (or even in their computers at this point) so I decided to apply my 540 of credit towards the purchase of the IPAQ 5555.

    My logic was that I could get it (only cost me about 113 dollars out of my pocket to upgrade) - - - then sell it on EBAY with the extended warranty - hoping to get about 550-600 for it (figuring the warranty might increase the price a bit) and then buy a communicator device.

    Now My Current Situation

    So now as I think about my options, I am not sure how to proceed. The one thing I do know is that I "NEED" a PDA before too long as life has gotten busy and not having it sucks!!

    So do I......

    (1) Get the 5555, use it and the sell it on Ebay (with warranty until 5/12/2005) when the 600 comes out?

    (2) Get the 5555, list it on Ebay - factory sealed with an extended warranty (05/05) - and then

    (a) purchase the 300 to use while I wait
    for the 600 to come out - figuring if I can get
    even $50 upgrade bucks for it that is something

    (b) buy a non-communicator device (inexpensive
    PALM to use until the 600 comes out, then sell
    the cheap Palm on Ebay


    My thought is that if I sell the 5555 I can get a new device and put the remainder of my cash into paying of some debt (be responsible) or put it into a "bank" for when the 600 comes out.


    Thanks In Advance

    For those of you who are going to respond, I thank you in advance!! Any input I can get is greatfully appreciated!




    Brian
    Here's my advice...take it for what it's worth:

    1.) If you have any consumer debt (credit cards, etc.), pay that off first. It's a bad idea to have it, and just sucks your money away.

    2.) Taking into account #1, and you _must_ have a PDA, do you option 2, which is take the new 5555 and sell it on eBay. Then either buy a the cheapy version of the Palm Zire for $50 on eBay.

    3.) Although I have a Treo 300 and highly recommend it, given that the 600 is here in 4 months, I would save your money and wait.


    That's my .02 if I were you...

Posting Permissions