1.    #1  
    My Treo 90 turns itself on whenever it is bumped, particularly when the contact is on the back of the unit. All it takes is a tap of the finger on the back and the screen flashes to life. Needless to say, this is a huge drain on my battery.

Sometimes, it even turns on when placed onto a flat table-top.

Any help or fixes would be greatly appreciated!
    I've had this problem also, especially when I place my Treo 90 in my inside sport jacket pocket with other stuff in it, like my business cards. I found when I put my Treo 90 on a belt clip, or inside my sport jacket pocket without anything else inside, this did not occur.
    Try free app Disable Buttons 2.1 available from PalmGear.com. IrOff 1.0.1 saves battery power by keeping the Beam Receive off. Apparently Palm OS 4.x has a problem with turning Beam Receive on at times even if you have set it to off in the Preferences panel. Also free.
  4.    #4  
    antmelnat et al.,

Thanks for the advice, but I actually already have Disable Buttons installed and active. I too have found it good for preventing the unit from turning itself on from something in my pocket accidentally pressing one of the hard buttons. However, this does not prevent my unit from turning itself on from a simple bump. Strange, I know!

In any case, I've decided to send the unit back to Handspring to see what they can do with it.

Thanks for all of the help, though.