Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I was just by the HandSpring site and noticed they have a new updater. Anyone tried the 1.0.1 updater?

From the site:

The Treo 300 Updater 1.0.1 is a new version of the Treo 300 Updater. It includes all improvements in version 1.0, and adds the automatic error acknowledgement described above.

If you already installed version 1.0, go ahead and install version 1.0.1, which will correct your Treo's performance with auto-synchronizing data applications such as Business Connection
    Originally posted by AirData
    I was just by the HandSpring site and noticed they have a new updater. Anyone tried the 1.0.1 updater?

From the site:

The Treo 300 Updater 1.0.1 is a new version of the Treo 300 Updater. It includes all improvements in version 1.0, and adds the automatic error acknowledgement described above.

If you already installed version 1.0, go ahead and install version 1.0.1, which will correct your Treo's performance with auto-synchronizing data applications such as Business Connection
    I want to know how it is in respect to the turbo drain problem from the last update. I never update out of fear of a 20 minute battery life.
    Well I did the upgrade. No big deal. Same procedure as last time. However in phone info in the phone application says the firmware rev is still 1.21 It did go through the flash steps.

So far I have seen no difference. Also I would not take anyones battery life opinions until 48 hours after the user has installed the update. For the last update we were getting "reports" way before I think there can be an objective opinion.

If anyone else see their firmware change from1.21 please post. (Because something didn't happen)
    Offlate I was having problems connecting to vision network. The first time it connects it gives me an error, but them immediately when I try the second time it connects me to vision network. I guess this is one of the problems being addresses by this update. So I went ahead with the update.

The update went without any problems. I will report back with the performance improvements after a couple of days.

The firmware is still 1.21 and PRL Rev 10019

-chiru
    The one thing which I'm very thankful, is that they auto-dismiss the error dialog after 5 seconds. I have an option for that in TreoHelper but darnit it always gave me problems.
    Minus the auto-sync error handling it doesn't sound like this one is going to do much...
    Nice fix, but I do not use any autosync apps.

-rob
    Just applied the upgrade. The firmware held the same at 1.21, but my PRL went from 10018 to 10019. Wonder what new issues this upgrade will bring?!

Dunc
    So I gather, if you don't have BC or soemthing other similar app, then you really don't need this update? I just don't feel like deleting 6.7 MB for this update if it won't do me any good...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    That is how I interperated it. This update does not seem to be the same deal as the last upgrade to 1.21. Just a simple fix, so if your vision connection auto activates, and then gets hung-up, you won't be walking around all day wondering why you are so unpopular.
    In reality this update does nothing because the treo always needs periodic 'status checks' anyway. I know I am always checking mine to makesure everything is connected and at idle.

-rob
    Since TreoMail does auto-activation, and my experience with the previous updater went well, I'm going for it.
    (it's also a good cleansing of the palm to do a hard-reset every once in a while - tough love, babeee)
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I did the update, and the only thing I noticed so far is that it must've cleaned out some crap because I now have about 1/2 megabyte more free memory than I had!
    Steve
    Steve M
    Catman51
    Happy with my T300
    Waiting for my T600
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I just did the update as well.
    No problems so far.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    In regards to the PRL & Firmware Rev it reads at Handspring:

If the PhoneBook version number is 3.5.2H6.3, your Treo 300 already has been upgraded with the Treo 300 Updater 1.0.1. You do not need to install this software.

If the PhoneBook version number is 3.5.2H6.2 or 3.5.2H5 (or anything else), your Treo 300 has not been upgraded with the Treo 300 Updater 1.0.1. You can install this software.
    Very weird. I ran it successfully, yet my Phonebook is v.3.5H5, which is not even mentioned -- other than (or anything else).

Can someone verify that their Phonebook version has been incremented beyond v.3.5H5. I've now done the update 3 times and it hasn't changed.
    Last edited by potatoho; 08/06/2003 at 06:13 PM.
    I did the update last night and my phonebook still says v.3.5H5. Has anyone actually seen a change. Can someone extract the prc from this update and do a compare with the older update. (I don't have the older update anymore)

The only change I've seen is the PRL going to 10019
    Did the update today, everything went OK. No ill side effects so far but no improvements either.
    I've installed them both, and I have the perception that my data connectivity is more stable and persistent. Throughout the day, I used to have to constantly reconnect to the data side. I don't notice that any more, and the gray arrows are there, pretty much all the time. I've also not noticed any persceptible battery life decrease - seems as good as before, if not even a little better.
    So - the Treo maestros have smiled on me, it seems. Now knocking on wood....
    nrosser, what's your Phonebook version?
    it's the same as yours, potato man - v.3.5H5, whatever that means to anyone.
    What's funny is that I didn't pay attention the first time it ran the ROM Update. When I ran it again I noticed that it failed at about 1/4 of the progress bar. Aha I thought, and so I copied my backup files and started with a blank device. This time it fully installed but my Phonebook is still old.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast