1.    #1  
    Hello. I just got my Treo 300 (very exciting). I'm wondering if it's possible to somehow change the default screen on the Treo from the phone book to the application's menu (home). Or, better yet, is there a way for the treo to remember where you left off when turned off? For example: I'm playing Solitaire, I turn off the PDA, I turn it back on, and I'm back in Solitaire, as opposed to the speed dial menu. I think having that option would be incredibly useful.

If anyone knows how to do this, please help. Maybe some sort of hack or something... Thanks in advance!
    "Tahiti is not in Europe!"
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    This may not be what you are looking for but if you use the power button to turn the unit back on before lifting the cover it will resume exactly where you were when the screen blanked off.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    To return to the last opened application before shutdown, press the power button before opening the lid.
    To have the Applications menu come up when you open the lid, find the Preferences application, and from the drop-down menu in the top right corner select Buttons 2. This will allow you to pick which application starts when the lid is opened - including the Applications screen. One problem - if you had Applications open already, it will cycle through to the next Applications view (All->Main->Games etc.).
    If you only run a few apps, putting them all in the Unfiled category might work, as "all" and "unfiled" would show the same thing.
    There are better answers to this, but they involve aftermarket applications.

Rusty J
    Treo 270
    Treo 90
    PocketTop IR keyboard
  4.    #4  
    Thanks so much! That's exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate the help!
  5.    #5  
    Um, I just tried to do this, but I can't find the "Buttons 2" selection on the drop down menu. I noticed you have a Treo 270... Is it possible this "buttons 2" selection is not available on Treo 300's? If so, that's a real shame.

Hopefully, I'm just stupid and can't find the right selection. Anyone with a Treo 300 know if it's possible?

Thanks zagleft1 and Rusty J for the info.
    Try TreoButton or Buttons-T. They allow you to change what application starts when you open the lid and you can reassign the hard buttons with whatever you want.