1.    #1  
    Ever since yesterday, I have been unable to log on to Verichat with my principal screenname using my Treo 300.

When I try to connect, I get "Your connection to the VeriChat IM proxy server was lost." Then, after several attempts at this, I get "You have been logged off the AIM IM proxy server," which is the result of AIM locking me out for a while because of the attempted log-ins. It appears I am logging in when all this happens, because if I am on at my PC, it will tell me I've signed on from another location. But immediately I am booted from Verichat.

The only thing different is that on Friday night I added an MSN account to Verichat. When I discovered the problem on Saturday (and AIM was working Friday after MSN was added) I removed MSN. I then did a re-install--TWICE. And it still won't work.

I've been corresponding with PDA Apps on this, but so far no answers. This is a major problem for me. I'm using v. 1.82 or whatever--the latest one.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks.

ME
    Originally posted by MikeElmendorf
    Ever since yesterday, I have been unable to log on to Verichat with my principal screenname using my Treo 300.

When I try to connect, I get "Your connection to the VeriChat IM proxy server was lost." Then, after several attempts at this, I get "You have been logged off the AIM IM proxy server," which is the result of AIM locking me out for a while because of the attempted log-ins. It appears I am logging in when all this happens, because if I am on at my PC, it will tell me I've signed on from another location. But immediately I am booted from Verichat.

The only thing different is that on Friday night I added an MSN account to Verichat. When I discovered the problem on Saturday (and AIM was working Friday after MSN was added) I removed MSN. I then did a re-install--TWICE. And it still won't work.

I've been corresponding with PDA Apps on this, but so far no answers. This is a major problem for me. I'm using v. 1.82 or whatever--the latest one.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks.

ME
    I've been having the same problem with Verichat since yesterday. Same exact thing happens to me. There's probably something wrong with PDAapps' proxy and not your install of Verichat. I didn't make any changes to Verichat and it just started acting up the way you described. If it's not working by tomorrow I'm going to e-mail PDAapps about it.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    I have the same issue. Looks like I'll just have to bring my laptop with me when I go out of town tomorrow so I have a way to AIM people.
    I have been having the same problem for over 2 weeks
    I e-mailed PDAapps last night. They actually replied by the time I got up this morning. They didn't give any explanation about the cause of the problem but just said it should be working now. Sure enough I was able to log on just fine. Only problem now is that I can send an IM to someone but I'm not receiving any. This would happen on occassion before, but I haven't received a single one yet. I sat at my computer logged onto one screen name and had my Treo with VeriChat logged into another. The Treo would send IM's out, but wouldn't receive them. I'll see what PDAapps has to say about this.