1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

I recently dropped my Treo 300 while it the lid was open and the hinge broke. The only damage is to the flip lid, not to the unit itself. I took it apart and found that it should be quite easy to install a new lid (the speaker wire connects to the main circuit board and can be easily disconnected), but I have nowhere to buy a new lid. So, if there's someone out there with a broken Treo 300, with a relatively intact lid, I would be willing to buy it from you. I really want to keep this puppy running until the 600 comes out. Thanks!

Nick (nfasano@mac.com)
    You may be surprised that you can bring it back to where you brought it and get a new treo 300. It depends when and where you brought. Handspring issues a one year manufacturer warranty so if you brought it at sprint and went back there and said the hinged cracked do to use they will probably take it back and give you a refurb one. The reason I know this is because this happened to my brother. He went to sprint and they swapped it out for him, they told him if the screen was cracked they would probably have not swapped it out.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the help, Bagbklyn, but I purchased my Treo 300 off ebay almost a year ago, so I can't take it in for replacement.

So... the offer still stands if anyone has a broken Treo 300 sitting around!

Nick
    Had the same problem w/ mine but it was w/in the warranty period. The hinge broke in normal usage. I was opening the cover and snap...no more hinge. Took the phone back to Sprint. They said they contacted handspring and that a broken hinge was not covered by Handspring. Seems it was not a "defective part". If you find a source for cases, let me know.
    Originally posted by nfazz
    Thanks for the help, Bagbklyn, but I purchased my Treo 300 off ebay almost a year ago, so I can't take it in for replacement.

So... the offer still stands if anyone has a broken Treo 300 sitting around!

Nick
    Try contacting Handspring, i would think that they would sell you the parts for a price.

Take care.
    1. LOVE GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART, SOUL, MIND, AND STRENGTH. 2. AND LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OUR SELF. (even when it's tough, This is Perfection).