1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I was over at PDAphoneForums and I saw a link to a cool app that supports sending Sprint PCS 1-Way SMS. Here's the link below:

http://i500.nopdesign.com/apps.esiml

The Text Messenger will work on any OS 3.5 handheld and accesses Sprint's network directly bypassing any 3rd party proxies!! Furthermroe, it's totally FREE!! This seems like a great choice for all those who decided not to purchase PDAapp's Treo300SMS. Enjoy!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    wow that's great, but too bad you still can't reply to the sms you would recieve by hitting reply though.
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Hey guys, I was over at PDAphoneForums and I saw a link to a cool app that supports sending Sprint PCS 1-Way SMS. Here's the link below:

The Text Messenger will work on any OS 3.5 handheld and accesses Sprint's network directly bypassing any 3rd party proxies!! Furthermroe, it's totally FREE!! This seems like a great choice for all those who decided not to purchase PDAapp's Treo300SMS. Enjoy!
    Only works for Sprint phone numbers though. With this app you cannot send to other carriers.
    You can only send to sprint numbers? Wow. That's horrible.
    Is this compatible with treo300sms by pdaapps or do I have to remove it first?
    it will work. in-fact DON'T remove TreoSMS! this Text Messenger only works with Sprint numbers.
    I have a stupid question, I know nothing about sms.

Will this work to send messages to any Sprint phone, regardless of if they have wireless web/vision?

I always get the non web subscriber error when trying to send using spcs.com.

Thanks

-rob
    Originally posted by robber

Will this work to send messages to any Sprint phone, regardless of if they have wireless web/vision?

Thanks

-rob
    Depends on what kind of message you want to send. Sprint doesn't have a real SMS system. There's Shortmail which you can send to and receive from other carriers. Then there are one way text messages which only work with other Sprint users. It looks like this application only works with one way text messages so it can't be used with communicating with people on other carriers. If you want to do that, get Treo300SMS from PDAapps.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Is that for sending only? How do you receive short mails on the Treo300? I get links that Blazer can't open...
    Originally posted by robber

Thanks

-rob
    It should send to any Sprint phone. If they don't have the Wireless or Vision, they might be charged for the message, but it should still go through.
    try www.microcio.com/mobile/ which let's you send to any sms enabled number without knowing the carrier. that is convenient!
    Their interface is a little lacking. Is it just US? If not, do I need + before the country code? Is from supposed to be my number? If so, + before my country code?

Geoffrey

Added information: I just learned it won't accept a + or a 1. It's only domestic US. Bummer.

try www.microcio.com/mobile/ which let's you send to any sms enabled number without knowing the carrier. that is convenient!
    Last edited by gmaugham; 08/20/2003 at 11:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Randy99

Is that for sending only? How do you receive short mails on the Treo300? I get links that Blazer can't open...
    You'll need to install Treo300sms in order to view those messages.
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by oldnew
    Awesome find!! Thanks oldnew, I've added that link to my bookmark list!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    any on try this on 600?
    still considering jumping to sprint b4 portability.

when will mo-sms be available?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by oldnew
    Hey that is cool thanks! A bonus: After you send the SMS, it tells you the carrier.
    If you thought that was good...try this:

http://www.microcio.com/mobile/sms/

Instructions & Tips located here:

http://www.microcio.com/mobile/sms/help.php

Long live Justin (the creator of that site)!