Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    anyone know when sprint may have these in stock
    Based on what HAND said a couple of months ago in their earnings call, I'm guessing Sprint will have the 600 around Thanksgiving.
    Originally posted by haysj
    anyone know when sprint may have these in stock
    I recall reading that they should start shipping in late September and should be in stores and ready for sale by October.
    I'm guessing they'll be taking orders in late August.
    Looks like the dates on each post are getting more and more optimistic...I'll throw my guess in at orders next week and in stores by 9/1 !
    Originally posted by sanovak3681
    Looks like the dates on each post are getting more and more optimistic...I'll throw my guess in at orders next week and in stores by 9/1 !
    I'll continue the trend: I got my Treo 600 last week after ordering it in April.
    I'll top that ... I just received my Treo 700 today!

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
    I think the whole 600 thing is just a big rumor, created by a bunch of geeks from a web site where they don't anything better to do but sit around and talk and PDA cell phones.

so there!
    What's a geek?
    Originally posted by Nautilus Man
    What's a geek?
    http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/netdict?geek
    Where's this web site? I've got a little spare time...maybe I should give it a visit!
    You'll never catch ME there!

-THP
    The 180 was FCC approved on 27 Aug 2001, and was launched on 15 Oct 2001 - 49 days later. Based on a 45 day cycle, we could expect the 600 to launch in mid-September. There are certainly economic reasons to get it out early - isn't there a major shopping event starting soon? It used to start after Thanksgiving, but it seems to start sooner each year. It would be great to have two months of word of mouth leading up to a great shopping season...
    Doug
    Hey everyone,

I was just at a Sprint store (in North Carolina) getting my 4900 software updated and saw the new Samsung PALM based ce (they had 3 in stock).

Anyway, I asked one of the reps if he had any idea when the 600 was coming out and without pause he said "Probably the end of this month" - - so needless to say I was excited.

Now who knows if this guy knew what he was talking about or not, but we can hope!!

I am still waffling on what to do - - but in the end I know I am going to end up dropping the bucks shortly after it comes out !!

Brian

P.S. Love the comment about the website full of geeks - - just not sure which one you guys are talking about - - can you send me the URL???
    Originally posted by Possibility
    Hey everyone,

I was just at a Sprint store (in North Carolina) getting my 4900 software updated and saw the new Samsung PALM based ce (they had 3 in stock).

Anyway, I asked one of the reps if he had any idea when the 600 was coming out and without pause he said "Probably the end of this month" - - so needless to say I was excited.

Now who knows if this guy knew what he was talking about or not, but we can hope!!

I am still waffling on what to do - - but in the end I know I am going to end up dropping the bucks shortly after it comes out !!

Brian

P.S. Love the comment about the website full of geeks - - just not sure which one you guys are talking about - - can you send me the URL???
    I doubt he knew what he was talking about. Everything I've read that's even close to official points to somewhere between late September and Thanksgiving. September is an optimistic but not totally unrealistic release date, but August? I don't see any way these things will be available before September and probably not until mid October. But then again, I hope I'm wrong.
    So I'm wondering... once a device has been approved by the FCC, can the manufacturer alter the design???

I would imagine that they're pretty much locked into the specs/design submitted to the FCC and that now the only thing standing between me and my Treo is production.

Any idea who's doing the manufacturing?

......and FWIW: You know you're a geek when...
    go.digital
    Originally posted by dulan
    So I'm wondering... once a device has been approved by the FCC, can the manufacturer alter the design???

I would imagine that they're pretty much locked into the specs/design submitted to the FCC and that now the only thing standing between me and my Treo is production.

Any idea who's doing the manufacturing?

......and FWIW: You know you're a geek when...
    I'm not positive, but I think the design can be changed. I think as long as the changes don't affect the fuction of any parts that involve any of the criteria for which it was approved by the FCC. So they could change the screen to 320x320 at 65k colors, but not add bluetooth because of data transmission.
    the sprint salesman i talked to said they've had it for 2 days already and that it will be available for ordering next week - around aug 10th
    Originally posted by treobk214
    the sprint salesman i talked to said they've had it for 2 days already and that it will be available for ordering next week - around aug 10th
    Damn, what store is this?
    this was in hagerstown, md. the woman told me we could probably order them some time next week because the treo 600 has been out for two days. this store is off route 81 south exit 5b I believe, if you'd like specifics. its located inside a minimall complex
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast