Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by treobk214
    this was in hagerstown, md. the woman told me we could probably order them some time next week because the treo 600 has been out for two days. this store is off route 81 south exit 5b I believe, if you'd like specifics. its located inside a minimall complex
    I know where Hagerstown is, I used to go to school in Shippensburg. She said they've had them for 2 days. I seriously doubt that.
    Probably some confusion on the sales-persons account between the TREO 600 and the Samsung A600 that Sprint just started carrying (and are temporarily sold out of).
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    Probably some confusion on the sales-persons account between the TREO 600 and the Samsung A600 that Sprint just started carrying (and are temporarily sold out of).
    That definitely sounds possible. People have already reported ordering the Samsung i500 and getting the A500 shipped to them instead. Not quite the same thing.
    A (intelligent-sounding) Handspirng employee I met in their parking lot a month ago said October for the Sprint version.
    BTW, the Sprint retail store customer service representatives have zero clue about product release dates. Sprint has clearly made the decision to not keep these people informed.
    Originally posted by Stickman
    A (intelligent-sounding) Handspirng employee I met in their parking lot a month ago said October for the Sprint version.
    BTW, the Sprint retail store customer service representatives have zero clue about product release dates. Sprint has clearly made the decision to not keep these people informed.
    That makes sense. The most consistent dates I've heard have been September for shipping and Octiber for when they're be available to the public.
    I know this is off topic, but whats the word on the GSM version?
    -- Go Illini!
    well that's possible for them to have the treo confused w/ a samsung model I guess. frustrating! Thinking back, the saleswoman did have to ask the manager "in the back of the store" about the treo 600 before speaking with me. well anyway I thought I had some good news here for everyone. most on the board seem to say it'll be october, so it'd make no sense for some store in maryland to release it early. who knows, I guess we'll see.
    It'd be great if you're right. But between my usuak pessimism and my last of faith in Sprint, I doubt it. Oh well, I think I can deal with my Treo 300 until October.
    I used to work in a company that had a product that needed CE testing. We never purchased many parts or manufactured many units until the unit was CE tested.

Unless Handspring was in a real hurry, it makes economic sense to keep costs down until approval, then ramp up purchasing and manufacturing. Also the units have to be shipped to, and inventoried by the carriers which takes additional time.

My bet is late September to early October for the first ones to hit the market.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    does anyone know if one version will be released before the other or will both be released at the same time?
    ive read a few posts where people have gone through 4 to 8 treo 300`s before finally getting a good model. this also depends on how rough people are with their phones though, of course.

but the problems were with the hinge, the battery, the speaker, etc.

so i wonder, with all of the new capabilities added onto an entirely new treo600, like the mp3, the new battery, and the camera, would it be wise to leap at earlier, unproven models before "later, more tightly manufactured batches" are shipped to stores?

i bought my t300 one year after its release, and its been a breeze to use, but again, it may have been one from the 'good batch' i'd cringe if i paid $500 for a treo600 only to find myself wrestling with the 'experimental' bugs and deficiences of an early batch of products.

However, its going to be tough to hold off on this baby! i`m just as enthused about upgrading as anyone else here, and i hope i have the patience to hold off when they do arrive, but it may be wise to see hang back for a little while and see how these beauties fare in the field before going ahead and buying one. just a thought... i know mr hawkins puts out superb devices with proven performance, no question, but its just a thought,

what do you think?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12