1.    #1  
    did anyone read the manual yet?
    i got through it but at the last page of the gsm version of the manual, it says that the screen only support for 3375 colors (11.5-bit color, compatible with 16-bit applications.
    that sounds disappointing coz i thought the screen was 65k in color.
    Originally posted by wildx
    did anyone read the manual yet?
    i got through it but at the last page of the gsm version of the manual, it says that the screen only support for 3375 colors (11.5-bit color, compatible with 16-bit applications.
    that sounds disappointing coz i thought the screen was 65k in color.
    They've always said it was 12 bit. The "11.5" bit is very weird since technically a bit can't be split.
  3.    #3  
    oh.......... that would be very disaapointing to hear coz i alreadys thought they would come out with 16-bit.
    i guess i have to wait for the samsung, and see who's doing better.
    i really like the form factor of the treo rather than samsung, coz it looks weird.
    imagine if u r on your way to some place and u want to read your e-book and opening your clamshell device....... looks weird to me.
    Yeah, the screen is a well-discussed trade-off on this board. For a lot of people this is the deal breaker. Supposedly it's got less colors, but it's brighter. Coming from the Treo 300 for me, this is still an upgrade. If I were coming from something with 65K colors, I'd have to weigh all the featues. For me the Samsung is cut because it doesn't have keyboard that I need for mobile IMs and e-mails. But as I said, this has been so thoroughly discussed in many other threads we probably shouldn't go into it here.