1.    #1  
    At least that's according to this recent article on pcmag:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1203387,00.asp

PalmSource has a deal to license Research in Motion's BlackBerry e-mail software, so Palm OS licenseesósuch as Handspringócan use the BlackBerry software with their hardware. But PalmSource also has a deal with Good Technology to use its over-the-air synchronization software. Research In Motion (RIM) and Good Technology are archrivals and have had several legal tussles. So which way will the new Treo swing?

"We have not announced any deal with RIM to offer a RIM solution," says Handspring spokesman Brian Jaquet. "We will be working with Good Technology and its over-the-air solution."

Handspring, however, isn't denying that the seating arrangements might change again before the music stops.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  2.    #2  
    <bump>

Am I the only one who thinks this niteresting news? I would personally love for Handspring to include RIM's softwre on the Treo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Not uninteresting, just unsurprising. RIM did sue Handspring, after all.
    RIM's software only works if your corportate server has that built in right? This is of no help to me currently. I thought Good's solution was compatilble with RIM's solution. How does it differ?
    Originally posted by bmacfarland
    RIM's software only works if your corportate server has that built in right? This is of no help to me currently. I thought Good's solution was compatilble with RIM's solution. How does it differ?
    You can use a local desktop redirector just like Sprint Business Connection. It stinks relative to the exchange level suport, but it works.