Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21  
    Originally posted by silverado


    Dear Mr Inspector,

    You are on the money in almost everything you said except for the bulge issue. The drawings in the Sprint Treo 600 manual also show a bulge. So I don't think it's an artificat of the lighting. See attached picture.
    I think you're right. Upon closer inspection, the pictures provided do show a noticable bulge. However, this is new. The past photos of the CDMA device did not have this bulge.

    For example:

    No bulge on this dark grey Treo 600

    No bulge here either
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  2. #22  
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81
    Just to beat a dead horse even more ...
    Where is the horse? I see a pile of minced meat on the floor.
  3. #23  
    Originally posted by silverado

    Where is the horse? I see a pile of minced meat on the floor.
    Eww.
  4. #24  
    Originally posted by silverado
    The drawings in the Sprint Treo 600 manual also show a bulge. So I don't think it's an artificat of the lighting.
    OMG! Looking at that manual picture silverado mentioned, it looks like Robin might have a strange bulge after all! How fugly...

    Oh well, doesn't affect me anymore. I'm going with Batman!
  5. #25  
    I'm thinking that the bulge there actually is there for a reason. It seems like if there is a bump there, it would keep the rest of the phone further away from your face, and you wouldn't really have to worry about it touching your face.
  6. #26  
    Originally posted by jhoff80
    I'm thinking that the bulge there actually is there for a reason. It seems like if there is a bump there, it would keep the rest of the phone further away from your face, and you wouldn't really have to worry about it touching your face.
    Perhaps... but then why wouldn't the GSM version have that also?
  7. #27  
    Originally posted by RayUSA


    Perhaps... but then why wouldn't the GSM version have that also?
    Yeah, if that's the case, it would be there for practical form factor reasons and wouldn't have anything to do with GSM vs CDMA.
  8. #28  
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81


    Yeah, if that's the case, it would be there for practical form factor reasons and wouldn't have anything to do with GSM vs CDMA.
    Unless they minted the cases for the GSM version first, then retooled the machines for the different plastic and mold for the CDMA.
  9. #29  
    IMHO...I think the bulge in that earpiece does detract from the overall clean lines of the treo..but I have sprint and I will not go to Cingular again just to get the other version. I think I can live with the bulge..
  10. jeeter's Avatar
    Posts
    274 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    #30  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer

    Unless they minted the cases for the GSM version first, then retooled the machines for the different plastic and mold for the CDMA.
    I think that many of the photos that exist (Phonescoop, Mobile Burn, Wireless-Doc, etc) have been of pre-production units that all have the same case. If you remember that CNet video with Greg Shirai, another observant Treocentral member pointed out that in the beginning of the video, the screen showed T-Mobile as the wireless provider. But the device clearly had the color designated as the CDMA version. Additionally, I don't remember any pictures of the silver (GSM) model in existance early on other than the ones that were put out there by HS.

    Another odity is that there are a lot of pictures of the dark CDMA version that show "Wireless Mode Off". Now this could be coincidental, but I think that most of these pictures were of GSM versions but HS reps didn't want the name of the provider to show since Sprint was the only provider that pledged to support the 600 in the beginning.

    I really believe that there was a generic case in the beginning, but that the information available from the FCC is the most up to date. I think the CDMA bulge is here to stay. I'm a 270 owner so I could honestly care less.
    Last edited by jeeter; 07/31/2003 at 06:46 PM.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions