1.    #1  
    A search revealed a fairly blanced list of pros can cons. Any one care to comment?

I am getting ready to pull the trigger
    Thanks

-rob
    I wouldn't. I've yet to see one compelling pro. Seems like they are ever so minor changes and in the end you simply have a weaker battery (if that is possible).
    I just bought a new Treo 300 through the Handspring website. Does anyone know if the Treos that Handspring is sending out already have the patch installed? I mean, based on all the info I've read here about turbo-drain and all sorts of battery problems, I'm sure I'll be better off without the 1.21 patch, but what if it ships with the patch already installed? I wouldn't be able to reverse something like that, would I?

Anyways, I'm glad to be joining the board for the first time, and I can't wait till I get my new Treo (hasn't arrived yet... AAARRGH!)
    "Tahiti is not in Europe!"
    Originally posted by jrv3034
    I just bought a new Treo 300 through the Handspring website. Does anyone know if the Treos that Handspring is sending out already have the patch installed? I mean, based on all the info I've read here about turbo-drain and all sorts of battery problems, I'm sure I'll be better off without the 1.21 patch, but what if it ships with the patch already installed? I wouldn't be able to reverse something like that, would I?

Anyways, I'm glad to be joining the board for the first time, and I can't wait till I get my new Treo (hasn't arrived yet... AAARRGH!)
    When you get your Treo, within the Phone application Speed Dial page, tap on the time displayed in the upper left hand corner. A menu will appear where you need to select Options and then Phone Info. On the next screen that appears, look for Firmware Rev. If it is showing 1.21, you have the patch. Anything less, you need to decide whether to install the update or not. And yes, if you have 1.21, you won't be able to reverse.
  5.    #5  
    I just got a couple new ones from Handspring. They have 1.02.

-rob
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    My phone came with 1.21, and so far, knock on wood, no problems!
    Steve
    Steve M
    Catman51
    Happy with my T300
    Waiting for my T600
    Originally posted by robber
    I am getting ready to pull the trigger
    Then go ahead and shoot your foot, but leave the treo alone!
    David