1.    #1  
    I'd like to email my phone. I remember with my Verizon phone, I would just email 4085551212@vzw.com or something like that - is there something like that for SprintPCS? I tried 4085551212@sprintpcs.com but that bounced.

THanks
    Peter
    phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Be aware that header information and other junk in the e-mail will often clutter up the sms. usually you see little more than the subject line.
    -Laz
  3.    #3  
    tsia
    I have been trying to use the email to SMS and have been receiving poor results.

Sometimes most of the message is passed. Sometimes very little.

Email is obviously the simplest SMS method. I think the Sprint SMS page is clunky and a PitA. Additionally, since I don't want to pay for Treo300SMS, it is the only method available from the Treo.

Anyone have the skinny on email to SMS? I am curious as to the different lengths and any other useful tips.
    Last edited by rmacphee; 07/30/2003 at 03:52 AM.
    Originally posted by rmacphee
    I have been trying to use the email to SMS and have been receiving poor results.

Sometimes most of the message is passed. Sometimes very little.

Email is obviously the simplest SMS method. I think the Sprint SMS page is clunky and a PitA. Additionally, since I don't want to pay for TreoSMS, it is the only method available from the Treo.

Anyone have the skinny on email to SMS? I am curious as to the different lengths and any other useful tips.
    If you call Sprint and ask for it, they should reimburse you for Treo300SMS. I called and explained the situation and they gave me a $20 credit to make up for me buying Treo300SMS. That was I don't have to deal with e-mail just so send Shortmail.