1.    #1  
    When calls go through to my voicemail, and after my custom greeting plays for callers, the Sprint lady comes on and says something like:

"Please record your message after the tone. When you are finished, hang up, or press pound for more options!"

I don't want her to come on at all! My customers are smart enough to know when to leave a message, and too impatient to wait around for her shpeel.

Can anything be done about this?

blah
    Have them hit the "1" key as soon as they hear your message - straight to the beep for their message.

Bob Duckworth
  3.    #3  
    I like that idea for my existing customers.

My potentially new customers, however, IMHO, should not have to lift a finger (pun intended) to leave me a message.

If given ANY "excuse", they will hang up and call the next company in the phonebook.

I've asked my customers, and they do get annoyed having to wait around. (I know it's only a matter of seconds, but in my business, seconds count and a single missed call can be worth thousands to me). It's rare that a can't take a call live, but when it goes to VM, my message needs to convince them to choose me and leave a message. THe Sprint lady throws that off, IMHO.
    Go through your voicemail options and see if there is any option to disable this. I don't use sprint, so I can't offer concrete help.
    Go to your voicemail. Press 3 (Greetings) then press 1 (record personal greeting) then 3 (add/remove caller instructions) then press 2 (remove).

If this works, I demand a cut of the "thousands" of dollars you are going to make.
  6.    #6  
    Go to your voicemail. Press 3 (Greetings) then press 1 (record personal greeting) then 3 (add/remove caller instructions) then press 2 (remove).
    Worked like a charm! Thanks!

If this works, I demand a cut of the "thousands" of dollars you are going to make.
    Paypal sent!

Is there a complete list of VM commands so I can see all choices at once?
    Originally posted by AbortRetryFail?

Is there a complete list of VM commands so I can see all choices at once?
    Not as far as I know. I just called up and listened to it myself and figured it out because I was curious. Not to sound smug, but you could have done that yourself.
    Every once in awhile, some enhancements to Sprint's system get rolled out without customer notice. I found out about the above about a year ago just playing around with it. So maybe every few months or so checkout your options. There maybe something useful that they never tell us about.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  9.    #9  
    Not to sound smug, but you could have done that yourself.
    With all due respect, I do think that sounds smug.

I called Sprint support on two separate occasions and asked no fewer than 2 reps and 1 supervisor this exact question and they ALL said it cannot be done. The best they could do was to turn off the pager notification choice.

Not believing them, I then spent at least 20 minutes tooling around in voicemail options hell with no luck. How much time should I have spent? I'll tell you my opinion: I was done.

If you don;t believe me, try calling them and see what they say.

I guess you don't think this is the forum to ask such questions?

blah
  10.    #10  
    PayPal rescinded!
    Originally posted by AbortRetryFail?

With all due respect, I do think that sounds smug.
    (Cool! I'm due respect!)

I apologize. I guess I just got lucky in finding it quickly (in fact, I went through the menues again to write down the steps and I think I got lost the first time). I believe you when you say you had exhausted all options. If this is the case, of course, ask away! You did your "due diligence."

I really did mean it when I said I didn't mean to sound smug. I wasn't just being nice.
    I've always wanted to get rid of that explanation, but never
    cared enough to try and figure out how.

Goodbye sprint lady.
    I am with AT&T wireless and though the lady has a shorter message than Sprint's, she still is redundant. This option is easily removed in a similiar manner in the VM menu. Most Voicemail menus are very similiar among the wireless carriers. What this thread really displays is not the ignorance and problem solving of us end users but rather the idiocy and cluelessness of so-called customer service reps. Most of these folks are there to sell phones period. Too many don't know jack about what the hell they're even selling IMO.

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
    Originally posted by badtzmaru
    Goodbye sprint lady.
    Ditto. I had previously abreviated the procedure for checking voicemail (don't remember the exact keypresses), and now just deleted the sprint lady.
    David