Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I live in San Francisco right now but I'm originally from Toronto. When I was buying phones from one carrier and using them another the only way i seemed to get away with it was to make friends with a tech at a retail location of Bell. Just go in there and chat them up now and again. Or slip him 20 bucks and he'll likely do it. Sounds cheezy but who cares...good to know those types of folks.

al
  2.    #22  
    Is that even possible by a Bell rep at a store? From what I thought, the phone ID (ESN?) would need to be added to the database otherwise it will not work. Do the store reps have this kind of authority? Would be nice if they did.
    YES GOT MY GSM TREO TODAY

I ordered from singapore last thursday and got it this morning in Montreal,Canada

The unlocked phone works perfectly here,i will set up the Gprs this afternoon

p.s I could not wait any longer for this phone so i paid $849us dollars for it plus $42 shipping. no taxes at all here in canada??? they did'nt charge me nothing for duty.

Marc-Andre
  4.    #24  
    Wow, that is a good chunk of change to shell out for a phone, but I guess you are one of the first in Canada to get one so that makes up for it. That is a bit much for me, so I have to wait it out I guess.

Please keep us posted on how it works, I will be most interested.

Thanks,
    Mike
    second day wiht the treo in Canada

-The data Gprs is working perfectly! Nothing to do it gets the info from Rogers AT-T from the sim card itself.

I'm using snappermail for e-mail. and just love this phone

marc-Andre
    Marc Andre,

Salut, I am based in Montreal. I'm curious to find if you have investigated the services of AT and T against Fido, It seems microcell is very aggressive these days, I'm curious to find out of there is any advantages, disadvantages to using Fido or AT-T. I only use my phone in Montreal or the US (sometimes Quebec City). Thanks in advance for your input. I'm currently a Bell customer but these folks suck at addressing new technologies...

Marc (the first ever visor customer in Canada!)
    Salut Marc

No i did not check Fido since i had a rogers phone number and a Bell mobility also.
    I know Rogers use the new 850 frequency a lot in their new tower,not sure if Fido use them,but i can tell you that up here in St-sauveur Laurentides, the 850mhz is lot better coverage than before.

Marc-Andre (the first ever treo 600 user in canada)
    If you want a gsm treo from the USA email me asap and I will try and get you a unit asap.
    thanks
    I have detailed files.
    Treominator,

Can you get an unlocked one to ship up here?
    Originally posted by 2thdr
    Treominator,

Can you get an unlocked one to ship up here?
    why would you not be able to get on shipped here. YOu need to have someone buy it for you from handaspring and send it to you.

I have bought mine and a few others already that people asked me to get them.
    I called the 1800 number on the palmone website and spoke to a sales person. This is what she had to say:
    An unlocked GSM version is not as yet available to Canadians, however early next year an unlocked version will be available for the serial number promotion deal of $399. They will also ship to Canada. She could not tell me when next year. So if you can wait an unlocked version will be available shortly and will work on any GSM network ie Fido.

Steve
    Originally posted by prospects
    YES GOT MY GSM TREO TODAY

I ordered from singapore last thursday and got it this morning in Montreal,Canada

The unlocked phone works perfectly here,i will set up the Gprs this afternoon

p.s I could not wait any longer for this phone so i paid $849us dollars for it plus $42 shipping. no taxes at all here in canada??? they did'nt charge me nothing for duty.

Marc-Andre
    that is great news. We are a development in Calgary and the US guys wouldn't ship it to US. Is there any place closer than singapore and cheaper?

btw, are you on bell or Rogers?
    sorry if this is a dumb question, but because they don't sell the treo 600 in canada, i can't tell if when you use the phone you have to use those hands free ear peices (like with the RIM) or if you can use it like a traditional phone.

can some one help a girl out?

thanks
    All features of the phone work in Canada. I've ordered mine and should be getting next week here in Montreal.

You have to be with a GSM style cellphone network such as AT&T or Fido.
    that is great news. We are a development in Calgary and the US guys wouldn't ship it to US. Is there any place closer than singapore and cheaper? btw, are you on bell or Rogers?
    I am on Rogers Att in Monreal

Marc-Andre
  16.    #36  
    Still waiting for a Canadian carrier to offer this phone. The good thing is that by the time us Canadians get it, you Yanks can should have most of the issues figured out

To the few Canadian users who purchased the phone elsewhere, how is it working for you? Can you give us an update? Is your data service working? How is the coverage?

Thanks.
    Mike
    I live in Vancouver, and bought a Cingular Treo 600 on Ebay last month. It's working perfect on Roger ATT with 850 and 1900 MHz. It also works on Fido too.
    trd_pp
    Eh, My contacts at Rogers say the launch date is estimated to be Feb 17'th 2004.
    I bought my 180 from zero gravity (kore Wireless) I believe in Winipeg....Unlocked when I called them up a month ago they said they will have them around APRIL....and about $1000.00, even with the exchange you can get them from handspring for $520.00 american....get the cingular I hear it is already unlocked....( i use mine with fido........ or get the at&t one and get it unlocked up here for about $40.00.....I am ordering mine this week....yahoooooooo

Andrew
    It's Simple really..........
    ...............Forgive
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Originally posted by identifiler
    Marc Andre,

Salut, I am based in Montreal. I'm curious to find if you have investigated the services of AT and T against Fido, It seems microcell is very aggressive these days, I'm curious to find out of there is any advantages, disadvantages to using Fido or AT-T. I only use my phone in Montreal or the US (sometimes Quebec City). Thanks in advance for your input. I'm currently a Bell customer but these folks suck at addressing new technologies...

Marc (the first ever visor customer in Canada!)
    Salut Marc, I've had my Treo for over a month now and i'm with Fido (Got the Cingular unlocked ver) Fido offers great service especially when you travel to the US. rogers on the other hand has very limitted service in the US. Fido is an affiliate of T-Mobile so service is great. As far as the the phone goes it has no problem and I'm getting better reception then with my Treo270. GPRS worked just fine after I configured it.

Adriano "live long and prosper"
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast