1.    #1  
    Hello,

I just upgraded to a Treo 300 (from a Digital Link--yes, I was a Neanderthal Man). I need a full-sized keyboard for data entry, primarily. I've tried both the Belkin and the Targus universal wireless keyboards, and like the Targus one much better. Neither, however, and this is key for me with data entry issues, will let me tab between fields. (I use HanDBase and Filemaker Mobile databases.) The Targus rep told me it was an issue of the database software, which is obviously not true since I've tabbed fields before with both databases using other keyboards (Stowaway and GoType). Can anyone help?
    Hope this helps - the tab character is typed on a Treo 300 by pressing the Option (blue) key and the spacebar.
    Uh, Porphyron, he's specifically asking about the external wireless keyboards.

If I remember correctly with the Targus, you can configure one of the function keys to go to the next field. Maybe that would work. Let us know here if it does.

One thing I wish the Targus had was left and right arrow keys for moving the cursor from character to character.

Geoffrey

Originally posted by Poryphyron
    Hope this helps - the tab character is typed on a Treo 300 by pressing the Option (blue) key and the spacebar.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the suggestion. I found "NEXT" and "PREV" options in the Function Key list and tried them, but they don't seem to do anything in either of my databases or Address Book. Is that what you were thinking of, or am I missing something?

I'm also wishing the Targus had arrow keys instead of the mouse.

Also, thanks for responding to both of my posts. It probably wasn't in good form to post twice, eh?

Tony

Originally posted by gmaugham
    If I remember correctly with the Targus, you can configure one of the function keys to go to the next field. Maybe that would work. Let us know here if it does.

One thing I wish the Targus had was left and right arrow keys for moving the cursor from character to character.

Geoffrey

You're quite welcome.

Yes, the next and previous were what I was thinking of. I typed that answer from memory, which is always a dangerous thing for me to do.

I will warn you, and other people using the Targus, that I have found that my Treo will crash if I use the pgUp and pgDown function keys in some applications. I think SnapperMail and QuickOffice are two of them, but I've just trained myself not to use those keys at all.

Geoffrey