1.    #1  
    One thing that I am hoping the 600 has is a good sim card program. The one on the original treos wasn't too great- there needs to be a way to actualy syncronize the sim to something, so if you pull your card out and put it in a backup or weekend phone, you still have your important and speeddial numbers, without a lot of manual copying.

Also I would like to be able to read and manually edit everything on the card. I think you can store a fair amount of info on the cards, as well as what the cell provider puts on there, and I want a simcard program that can actually let me both read the ROM provider information, and manually text-edit what is editable.
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS
    looking through the sdk manual gives the impression that much more care has been taken to integrate the sim this time round. So for example you can copy all your sim addresses to the phonebook - thought they will all come under the category unfiled

I'd love to see the ability to sync numbers that have a sim flag set on them. Though if the 600 is all it's cracked up to be - I won't be needing to take my sim card anywhere else!

On the cheap backup idea, I know in SA - a lot of the sim cards hold 1/2 meg. If you're too cheap to buy an sd card - perhaps this is where your vital databases (contacts & calendar?) could be backed up??