1.    #1  
    Hi gang. I just picked up a new 180 on EBay. I was lookin at upgrades on Handspring, and wanted to know which one was right for me. I have T-mobile now, but no email/data plan, just voice. But I may add data later on. Should I install the GPRS upgrade even though right now I wouldn't use the data aspects? Basically, does the GPRS upgrade probide the extended battery life that the "Treo 180 Series Updater 1.0" does? Thanks in advance!

Dave
    Yup.
    If you want to use the Treo for email or internet, go for GPRS if you want to limit data usage by the minute.
  3.    #3  
    Let me rephrase my question. Does the GPRS upgrade include the other upgrade, or would I need to do both to get the GPRS *AND* extended battery life. Know whut I mean?
    Yup.
    The GPRS is an upgrade for a specific communication function. The Updater 1.0 is only valid of first batch of Treo 180 production units.

If you check the HS website, it specifically states that later production Treo will have the benefits provided by the Updater 1.0 natively. Here's the exact statement based on the page: http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...p?Type=Updates

"Bring your early Treo to the latest, most up-to-date version! The Treo 180 Series Updater 1.0 improves the built-in software on Treo 180 and Treo 180g units manufactured during the first months of production. Later units include these enhancements natively."

The question that you should be asking then is: How do I know if my Treo is one of the first production? Check this page:
    http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...olutionId=8118

You can also call Handspring and verify the Serial Number as the production date.

Hopefully this helps you.
  5.    #5  
    Ahh, perfect. Thank you so much! The website just says "Do not install the 1.0 updater if you have GPRS installed." So I was under the assumption that one could have a GPRS updated Treo without having it updated to 1.0. Anyway, Thanks again!

Dave
    Yup.
    Glad to be of help.