1.    #1  
    GOOD DAY ALL!!

Am I dreaming or do u all thing there is a chance that sprint will have at least a slight chance of a trade up credit from treo 300 to treo 600?

Also, I read soemwhere on the site, or links from this site, a number months ago, that even thought bluetooth will not be included in the treo 600, it will work with bluetooth adapters. But, it went on to say, that they left room in the 600 for a bluetooth adpater WITHIN the 600, and will more than likely show up, when HS produces a 600 family of phones.

Now due to the recent death of my father, who lived with me, Ii feel behind on this issue. Has this changed?

Will there be a 600 family of phones, if so why rush out to buy one as soon as they come out and why not wait and see or will they modify the first issue of 600's to have bluetooth, within the main case when the 600 series is updated into a 600 family.

Thanks a million, take care, Jay
    Hi Jay!

It is a perplexing issue about how carriers like Sprint handle upgrading. Sometimes they will let you trade up if you add another year to your contract.

I am sorry to hear about the passing of your father. Death sucks!!! My dad died when I was seven. It was actually about six months after the picture of me was taken that is in my Treo 600 avatar. I am still smiling though.

Sooner or later we all exit the stage, which is all the more reason to live life to the fullest while we are here. I don’t want to get too philosophical but it is weird to think that each and every one of us humans on earth today, have been non existent for eternity going backwards, and then we show up and live on earth for eighty or so years, if we are lucky and in good health, and then POOOFf!!!! Gone for eternity never to return again.

I think it was Serioan who said, “In the time of your life live.” So true!

Back to your questions. I am getting a Treo 600 the second they are available.

I think I read that Handspring would be offering a trade up credit for customers who own currently own a Treo. This has not been confirmed, but hopefully that will be the case, and if they just require the serial number for the trade-up you could sell your 300 on ebay?

I was just wondering because other people have mentioned it so much, what do you want Bluetooth for? What would you use it for?

I don’t know if you had a chance to read by review of the Treo 600 since you have been gone for a while, but it is filled with a lot of insight into the brilliance behind the Treo 600.

You can read it at:
    http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...threadid=34623

Keep you chin up,
    Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
  3.    #3  
    Thank yo 4 ur kind words about my Dad, I am very lucky, he was 84, in fact he died a few days after his 84th b'day. I will be 48 soon, so there are plenty of great memories. But easy it is not.

I will follow the issue of the upgrades with buth sprint and HS and c what happens. I hate to think by running out 2 buy the 600 am I doing it too fast and will it be upgraded 52 seconds after I buy it. I actually have never used bluetooth and it is not the end of the world if it does not have it self contained. For me it is an issue of am i plunking my $ down too fast!!!

Thank you once again about your kind words about my dad. My treo 300 is full of pics of him along with the rest of my wonderful family. Family is after all what it is all about.

Take care, be well, Jay
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    Thank yo 4 ur kind words about my Dad, I am very lucky, he was 84, in fact he died a few days after his 84th b'day. I will be 48 soon, so there are plenty of great memories. But easy it is not.
    My stepdad died at 79 in 2000. I assumed the note on the house, then refi'd. Was a couple years of fog while the mourning, additional responsibilities, and stock market tanking transpired. Feeling better now. Sold a 15 year old truck and a 7 year old motorcycle and bought a brand new truck.

As it's so very hard to get smartphones to pass sprint/verizon requirements, I highly doubt we'll see a more than one new treo per year. Look at how long it took samsung to get the i330 out. Was it a year after people expected? How about the 7135. I couldn't wait for it, and glad I didn't (love the thumbpad on the treo 300). And the i500, pretty much a joke to release an os4 device at this stage. And who knows what plans the new owners of Handspring (palm sg) have for the treo line.
    David