1.    #1  
    Hey dudes

Sprint very kindly replaced my Treo today with a new one (the old one had a yellow spot on the screen)

anyhoo --- I have a $20 AOL application that I really like on the old one, but I accidentally erased the original version of it off of my harddrive

Can I transfer this AOL application from my old Treo to the new one through beaming or something???

Thanks!

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Originally posted by HasanDaddy
    Hey dudes

Sprint very kindly replaced my Treo today with a new one (the old one had a yellow spot on the screen)

anyhoo --- I have a $20 AOL application that I really like on the old one, but I accidentally erased the original version of it off of my harddrive

Can I transfer this AOL application from my old Treo to the new one through beaming or something???

Thanks!

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
    As long as you set up the same profile name on the new Treo, you can either sync them by IR or hotsync the first one to your computer then hotsync the second one. Either method should copy everything from one Treo to the other.
    what if i replaced my upgraded treo (1.21 or something) with a non upgraded treo. will it automatically update it when i hotsync it with my computer, too?
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Flyers!

Where do I go to setup a name on the Treo?

THANKS!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    strongbad - I'm not sure but I would guess no. The upgrade updates your firmware and I don't think syncing has any effect. I know if you upgrade then do a hard reset it won't go back to the previous firmware version. So give it a shot and if it doesn't update you firmware, just go ahead and run the update for it.

HasanDaddy - I can't really say. When I installed the hotsync software on my computer it asked for a profile name. I don't remember entering one onto the Treo itself. I have a feeling once you go through the initial set up when you turn on the new Treo and then go to hotsync, it'll probably ask if you want to use whatever your profile name is that you have saved on your computer. This is just a hunch, but it's my best guess.
  6.    #6  
    Flyers ---

YOU ROCK MAN!!!

Worked like a charm --- Thanks so much for your help!

For the others out there ---

I took my old Treo and made sure that BACKUP was activated in my Conduit settings.....I did one last sync with the old one, so that everything was backed up

From there, I put the newer treo in the cradle --- upon activating the sync, it asked for a profile name, and I gave the same one as the old treo

from there, it reinstalled all the data, preferences, and software applications that were missing

IT ROCKED!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Originally posted by HasanDaddy
    Flyers ---

YOU ROCK MAN!!!

Worked like a charm --- Thanks so much for your help!

For the others out there ---

I took my old Treo and made sure that BACKUP was activated in my Conduit settings.....I did one last sync with the old one, so that everything was backed up

From there, I put the newer treo in the cradle --- upon activating the sync, it asked for a profile name, and I gave the same one as the old treo

from there, it reinstalled all the data, preferences, and software applications that were missing

IT ROCKED!
    No problem.