1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the Treo600 with bluetooth built-in will be out at the same time as the basic unit?

If not any ideas when? Cheers.
    No one knows (except Handspring/Palm). Even the idea of integrated bluetooth in a future Treo 600 model is pure conjecture and speculation by anyone that says otherwise.

I wish there was something concrete to point to, but there isn't. Sorry.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    From what I've read the Treo 600 will NOT have Bluetooth built in. There are rumors that they have left room so that it could be added later, possibly when the next version of the Treo comes out. The other possibility is that of a Bluetooth SD card. Palm currently sells them for $129 but it's not compatible with OS 5. They might be working on a new card which would work with OS 5 and presumably the Treo 600. But as for right now, no Bluetooth.
  4.    #4  
    Having moved from a Treo 270 to a Tungsten, I can tell you that I miss the Treo a lot. The integration to wireless connections and always on was just great.

But there is one function I cannot live without these days - the Bluetooth function on my phone that I am using (no choice!) to connect to the Tungsten. From the phone, I can use bluetooth and voice dialing to connect to my car's bluetooth set and have handsfree calls. This is just too good to give up.

Any integrated PDA/phone has to have this feature before I can switch back. I just hope the Treo600 will have it as an option along with voice dialing.
    Hagiwara is reportedly working on a SD BT card that is compatible with PalmOS 5.x

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Bluetooth is all good and well, but what about the extra memory. I plan on getting a 256M SD card at least. How will i be able to download, or network transfer or even a Hotsync, through bluetooth if there is only one card slot.

Seems to defeat the whole purpose....
    Yeah, I would love to have some one develop a BT + expansion combo card like the wifi+256 MB Sandisk card mentioned a while ago. That would fullfill both needs....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Plus, who wants a goofy, presumably fragile, SD card sticking an extra inch out of the device?

I also switched from Treo 270 to Tungsten + BT phone. For me, I did that when I got a BT laptop - the flexibility was too high not to. I suppose if there's a good way to use a Treo 600 as a modem through a USB cable that would work too but BT has been great.

I really want the BT handsfree stuff for the car, but I haven't found a good set yet. Abid, which one do you use?

-Jon
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Greetings. I have the Sony Ericsson HCB-30 in my MINI Cooper and it works great! (using a T68i or T39m) I wonder if a Bluetooth SD card will work with it? The Treo 600 looks great, but I need the Bluetooth to work for it to be a viable replacement for my Treo 270..
    Does that one use the car speakers or have its own?
    Originally posted by z3bum
    Greetings. I have the Sony Ericsson HCB-30 in my MINI Cooper and it works great! (using a T68i or T39m) I wonder if a Bluetooth SD card will work with it? The Treo 600 looks great, but I need the Bluetooth to work for it to be a viable replacement for my Treo 270..

I was planning on buying the 600 until I found out it doesn't have bluetooth. I am in the process of buying a new car that has bluetooth integrated. Having a bluetooth phone is a requirement for me.

It will be tough leaving my treo behind. The ericsson P800 looks like a promising replacement. It might come close to the 600.

Anyone have any comments on the Ericsson P800?

-Brad
    I've looked at the P800 and I have to say that the current hardware looks a little toy-like to me. The photos of the next rev (possibly called P900) that are floating around, look much more professional.

Still, not sure it's as good a PDA.
    Originally posted by bradward

I was planning on buying the 600 until I found out it doesn't have bluetooth. I am in the process of buying a new car that has bluetooth integrated. Having a bluetooth phone is a requirement for me.

It will be tough leaving my treo behind. The ericsson P800 looks like a promising replacement. It might come close to the 600.

Anyone have any comments on the Ericsson P800?

-Brad

What??? Where do you find bluetooth cars??? Are you going to try to steer the car with your cell phone?
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I have a P800 and can't wait for the Treo 600. I always thought I'd never get a phone without BT again, but my mind has changed. I thought I'd be syncing with it all the time, but BT in Windows is pathetic and I never sync it was my Mac because of iSync problems.

I have a BT headset for my car, but I never get calls in the car anyway. If I do, its usually for work and I have to pullover to keep up with the conversation. BT would be a bonus, but I'd be happy with an SD card.

That's another thing, I can't wait to use an 802.11b SD card in the Treo. Can't do that with the MemStick Duo crap in the P800.

Getting back on topic, the P800, its ok. Its got just about every feature available these days, but I don't like the UI. Its way to complicated for the basics. Plus there are basically zero apps out there for it. The Palm will always rule in that arena.

The P800 size is good though and the screen is as well. The speakers are good, but it suffers from the common Sony Ericsson issue of a poor GSM/GPRS antenna. I hardly ever have a full signal (5 bars). In those low coverage areas I have nothing. I consider this more of a data-centric device.

I'll be getting rid of my P800 soon, got a Treo 270 to hold me over until the 600 and hopefully to use the rebate.

Joe
    the p910 looks good, would you consider that? i personally have had poor reception with all of the sony/ericsson headsets. the older models the t39 and r520, all with external atennas have been great, even in areas of new jersey that are traditionally bad.
    regarding isync it has worked flawlessly for me, there is also a product called mobilesync which i use for entourage.
    at the end though i most likely will go treo 600 and use a sd card when posible.
    Ben
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Originally posted by conflagrare

What??? Where do you find bluetooth cars??? Are you going to try to steer the car with your cell phone?

toyota prius has it...basically integrates a headset in the car...kinda like the BMWs and Merc's, exept its all wireless
    most european car companies, have full bluetooth inergration. bmw offers it aftermarket as well as at point of sale.
    Ben
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts