Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Help! Just got my Treo 300 today - love it so far. Having e-mail trouble though. I use Agendus Pro w/ Iambic mail for my e-mail. Need to check POP3 account while on the road. I got it working where it checks my pop email account (pop.cfl.rr.com) just find, but then I get to the "send" thing. I can't send using my smtp.cfl.rr.com server so I tried using smtp.sprintpcs.com server and get the following message:

...a given command failed (5505.7.1 Relaying not allowed: "XXXXX.cfl.rr.com"

(Note: the exes are my email account)

Any help would be appreciated. I don't care if my email shows that its coming from "sprintpcs" I just need to get it there!

Thanks!
    To use smtp.sprintpcs.com you need to configure your mail application to authenticate the SMTP. From looking at the Iambic manual I can't tell if it supports SMTP authentication.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Did as you suggested (thanks!) and got a different error message:

"While sending emails, an error occured: cannot establish connexion (smtp.sprintpcs.com)"

Hmmm?
    Wait I did find something in their support forum.

In the account settings screen you can turn on "send authentification required" this enables support for "Logon" and "Simple" SMTP authentification protocols.
    So if that works then you just need to set up your sprintpcs mail password. Here are those steps, I'll copy from another post..

1) You must go to www.sprintpcs.com and set up your email password.

Log into www.sprintpcs.com. Click on PCS Mail "email" link within the My Planner section. Click on Settings & Preferences ON THE RIGHT of the screen, not the one in the left column. Click on the Setup tab and set the password. At least that's how I remember it.

2) Your email application must support smtp-auth, and you configure it for smtp.sprintpcs.com your sprintpcs username and password (the one you set up above).
    Okay I downloaded the Iambic Mail demo and I see some weird things. I verified that it will send through smtp.sprintpcs.com with the "Send authentication required" checked (see prev message). However it appears to want to use the same username/password for the outgoing as it does for the incoming. So I believe you will have to create one Iambic account for your receiving and one for your sending. With the appropriate "Settings".

For your sending account, I would: "Use this account to Send" and "Send authentication required". Then I would put dummy "blahblah" entries in the Incoming Server section, as it requires something there even though you won't be using it.

I assume your receiving account already works properly. I think as long as you tell the sending account not to "Include this account when Receiving All" then it should ignore the blahblah entry.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    HMMM - ok did all that and still get the error when sending:

While sending emails, an error occurred: cannot establish connexion (smtp.sprintpcs.com)

Am I using the right smtp address for sprint?

I'm receivng my mails from my cfl.rr.com account great! Just sending is a problem.
    I thow these , but they might help.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Filepe,

Thanks - went there and it was all exactly as I had remembered setting it up, but still went over it step by step and it was all right. Still didn't work
    Originally posted by nora
    HMMM - ok did all that and still get the error when sending:

While sending emails, an error occurred: cannot establish connexion (smtp.sprintpcs.com)

Am I using the right smtp address for sprint?

I'm receivng my mails from my cfl.rr.com account great! Just sending is a problem.
    I'm going to suggest some things..

Maybe a typo in your smtp.sprintpcs.com; i.e. a leading or trailing space character. I would suggest making a new account in the Iambic Mail.

Perhaps a bug in your version of the software. I tested 3.12 which was from July 10th.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Thanks for all your help - I have no idea what I did! but it started working about 5 minutes before your last message! I'm clueless - I really didn't change anthing?

Now that it's working I'm happy!

Don't mean to push my luck = you've been so helpful - but you don't happen to know anything about SMS do you? I've got another thread started re: an issue with that on this board.
    Originally posted by nora
    Don't mean to push my luck = you've been so helpful - but you don't happen to know anything about SMS do you? I've got another thread started re: an issue with that on this board.
    Some people have had Sprint misconfigurations which prevent SMS from working. I don't have experience with that. Seems unlikely from my perspective, but who knows.

I will say that Sprint SMS can often be delayed, BIG TIME. For testing I'll sometimes make a phone call just so I can get SMS quicker, as the SMS sorta rides along the voice communications channel.

Sometimes the Sprint messaging web site is broken. At those times I believe it will also break Treo300SMS since their middleware uses the web site to send.

You may try another method of sending SMS to the phone. Send an email to your_number@messaging.sprintpcs.com and it may work regardless of whether other portions are broken. At least that's my experience.