1.    #1  
    So who do y'all think will be the last poor soul to post to Visor Central? That is, either before it is shut down or nobody visits here anymore...
    --
    ThirdMan
    marcus or mirado. or maybe toolkit.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I was wondering the same thing myself..

Mirado defected along time ago to treocentral and then got his own forum site I think.. so it wont be him.. I'd put my money on Marcus although toolkit is much more active on visorcentral.. and really the only mod who still is.. (well actively posting anyway)..
    "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." -- Douglas Adams
    that "own" site kidna is not going so well.. i'm having more fun focusing on treocentral... I haven't gone on the vc baords forever.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Originally posted by miradu
    that "own" site kidna is not going so well.. i'm having more fun focusing on treocentral... I haven't gone on the vc baords forever.
    oh sure. now you think you're better'n us. *waves cane* yah whippersnapper! Remember where you came from! Remember where you learnt ta type! :P
    I'll never learn to type. Tritooth has a total of 8? news items in the last 3 months, and 4 posts on the boards. TreoCentral is more exciting, more fun, more focused. I'm having a lot of fun right now with all the news of the Treo 600. There are other things going on at treocentral as well.....
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    FWIW, go to:

www.visor.com

and see what happens...

seems like Handspring has pulled the proverbial plug.
    Originally posted by Yorick

oh sure. now you think you're better'n us. *waves cane* yah whippersnapper! Remember where you came from! Remember where you learnt ta type! :P

Just remember Yorick, all kids do eventually grow up and leave home sometime..

Nice to see you are still coming to vist us old timers Miradu..
    "One of the most important things you learn from the internet is that there is no ‘them’ out there. It’s just an awful lot of ‘us’." -- Douglas Adams
    Ah yesss - takes me back to that time when the Visor had been announced, and all the folks were posting like mad about this color or that; when will mine arrive; what! - you got yours already, and I pre-ordered! - all that stuff.
    I didn't have a Visor (ever) - I just watched all the hubbub from the sidelines with amusement.
    That would have been late '99, early 2000 I guess.
    "Nice to see you are still coming to vist us old timers Miradu.."

huh? I've been lurking on the boards, and posting content all year.. I never left, just added temprarily another interest. Who do you think is writing all the stuff on the front?
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff

huh? I've been lurking on the boards, and posting content all year.. I never left, just added temprarily another interest. Who do you think is writing all the stuff on the front?
    Marcus, and there's only been three or four news items on the front page all year.

or do you mean that ******* child TreoCentral ...

Sorry I missed your "stuff".. I don't visit treocentral.. at all.. ever.. I think I went there once to see it when it first opened..

I just go to visorcentral..

I have no interest in owning a treo , I have a cheap Nokia 5165 (which suits my seldom cell phone use {once a week?} quiet well) and the stuff on the front of visorcentral.com is all old news that is rotated, I guess you REALLY haven't logged into visorcentral in a long time eh? I guess you have only been lurking on treocentral ...

For what its worth I moved on to a Palm Zire 71 my Prism is going to my sister when I see her next..
    Originally posted by EricG
    For what its worth I moved on to a Palm Zire 71
    Zire .... *drools*
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  14.    #14  
    I personally never go to treocentral, either. To me, cell phones are disposable. They get banged around, dropped, rained on, sat on and generally abused... way more abuse than I would want my PDA to take. Or digital camera.

I beat the crap out of my cell phones and buy a new one once a year off of ebay. Cheap and I don't have to worry about being careful with it. My pda lives in a padded case.

Just a thought.
    --
    ThirdMan
    Originally posted by Yorick

Zire .... *drools*
    It was funny, I didn't even know the 71 was out as I had been looking for someone else as they had asked my opinion on it.. (I had been thinking it was the black and white cheap Zire).. When I looked up the '71 , I was blown away by the specs, the brightness and clarity of the display (better than the T or the C) and the price (now more important since I have a big mortgage and my "toy" budget is substantially reduced).. And for all accounts, the Zire 71 was as close to what I thought the Prism II should/could/would have been.. The Tungsten C was nice but it had mono output on the headphones (yuck) and it was a bit out of my budget anyway.. So I went with the Zire 71 and plan on getting a WiFi SD card when they are out.. Sadly I now have a use for my MMC cards for the MiniJam (abandoned) and Geode (never used mem cards due to Geodiscovery going belly up before enabling them in software) .. The mp3 playing is nice and works well and the built in camera is actually useful, it wont replace my Olympus digital camera but its a heck of alot handier and easier to tote around.. I've already used it for some ad-hoc purposes and I was glad to have a digital camera handy..

Yorick, the 71 is sweet.. if you think your weak and might cave in, then don't go near one.. I did and it was a mistake, I went to BestBuys just to look and see but I came home with it that evening!