1.    #1  
    I listened to the call, I read most of the sdk and I played with the tutorials.

The call. I'm a little worried about the GSM version (the 600g as opposed to the 600c).

Yes, with any luck the carriers will get the phone in September and uers will start getting them in october, but nothing was said about a GSM carrier in the US. One of them did say they would have some for sale on the Handspring site, but no indication when that would be.

Taking the tutorial. Hmm, they replace and moved the "web" button with the screen button. I hope Treo buttons works with the 600, I can't give up the shift-button options. If it doesn't work, I hope handspring has implemmented this feature of being able to use the shift key also.

So, the screen buttun turns on the treo display. Does the wireless button on the top also do this (like the current treo)? Or is it just for the wireless part? The tutorial does say press and hold to turn the wireless part on and off.

According to the tutorial, if you are upgrading, some "known incompatible apps and files will not be synced." EEK. Do they tell you which ones wont be synced over?

When I moved from the Prism/VP, I didn't just sync, I moved over one app at a time. I may have to do that again.

BTW, In the Keyboard basic tutorial, there is no 6 of 13 slide. % of 13 shows up twice.

11 weeks to October.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Felipe
    ...snip...
    So, the screen buttun turns on the treo display. Does the wireless button on the top also do this (like the current treo)? Or is it just for the wireless part? The tutorial does say press and hold to turn the wireless part on and off.

According to the tutorial, if you are upgrading, some "known incompatible apps and files will not be synced." EEK. Do they tell you which ones wont be synced over?

When I moved from the Prism/VP, I didn't just sync, I moved over one app at a time. I may have to do that again....snip...
    You can use the power ("wireless") button on the Treo 600 just like you did on the older Treos. In those same tutorials (page 10 of the "Upgrading Tips" tutorial), it says that you can use the wireless button to turn the screen on or off should you decide to remap the "screen" button. It says you have to hold down the "wireless" button to turn wireless on or off (just as you have to with current Treos). So basically, there is no difference in that function. They simply gave you an additional way to turn the screen on or off, which I think is nice.

Personally, I'd recommend reinstalling apps instead of syncing everything over at once. For one thing, you'll get rid of all the "junk" that piles up with use. Secondly, if you have an incompatible app that makes OS5 go nuts, you'll know which one it is. (Use an SD card to do a backup between installs, so you can back off of an installed app.) I NEVER just do a blind sync when I upgrade to a new device. That's asking for trouble, no matter what assurances you have from a vendor concerning compatibility. (That applies to desktop PCs as well.)
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 07/24/2003 at 08:34 AM.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.