1.    #1  
    I've been using a Treo 90 for many moons now, and I absolutely love the thing, but I'm starting to feel the itch of the Treo 600, and thought maybe I'd get my feet wet by trying out a Treo 300, since I'm already locked in with Sprint anyway. However, because I've still got a good 6 months or so on my current contract, I'm not eligible for any "new activation" discounts, and the price of the darn phone is a bit high...especially considering all these battery-drain problems that I keep hearing about.

Does anyone have any idea where to get a 300 for a reasonable price, without activation? I've been watching eBay, and they usually go for around $300 or more, but maybe somebody knows of a better place...?
    Originally posted by NocTurnerV
    I've been using a Treo 90 for many moons now, and I absolutely love the thing, but I'm starting to feel the itch of the Treo 600, and thought maybe I'd get my feet wet by trying out a Treo 300, since I'm already locked in with Sprint anyway. However, because I've still got a good 6 months or so on my current contract, I'm not eligible for any "new activation" discounts, and the price of the darn phone is a bit high...especially considering all these battery-drain problems that I keep hearing about.

Does anyone have any idea where to get a 300 for a reasonable price, without activation? I've been watching eBay, and they usually go for around $300 or more, but maybe somebody knows of a better place...?
    Sprint's current rebate is a $100 mail in rebate even if you're a current customer. If you add a line of service or are a new customer then it's an instant rebate. Either way, that will being the price down to $300 if you buy from Sprint. If you buy from Amazon, they have another $100 rebate so you can get it for $200.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Originally posted by NocTurnerV

You can buy them from Handspring directly for $199 shipped. This link is some sort of "share the love" program that Handspring gave to it's employees. This is a referral program, but it's how I bought my Treo 300. These are NOT my referral codes. Someone is getting credit for them, but make the choice if it's worth it to you. Personally, I didn't care since $199 with no plan commitment is a great deal. This deal was "supposed" to end yesterday, but it still works today. Add the Treo to your cart the $200 instant discount is reflected.

http://www.handspring.com/love/?c=HANDba597bc

Two alternate codes:
    HANDbaac09d
    HANDba30b36
    Would you also still get the new activation $100 off if you ordered it this way?
    Originally posted by jhoff80
    Would you also still get the new activation $100 off if you ordered it this way?
    Yes, if you sign up for a 2-year hitch.
    $50 credit for a 1-year hitch (I called sprint and asked).
    I'm not sure if I want to be locked in for another 2 years, but they make you do a one year agreement anyway (or pay an extra $10/month), so the $50 credit is just gravy.

Hurry up and buy the phone before the deal goes away (I ordered mine yesterday, and I am giddy with excitement. I've been checking my order status online every few minutes to see if it has shipped yet)

Looking forward to becoming part of the community here.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by guessed

Yes, if you sign up for a 2-year hitch.
    $50 credit for a 1-year hitch (I called sprint and asked).
    I'm not sure if I want to be locked in for another 2 years, but they make you do a one year agreement anyway (or pay an extra $10/month), so the $50 credit is just gravy.

Hurry up and buy the phone before the deal goes away (I ordered mine yesterday, and I am giddy with excitement. I've been checking my order status online every few minutes to see if it has shipped yet)

Looking forward to becoming part of the community here.
    Yeah, I fully expected to plunk down $200 and become a 300-user, but Handspring refuses to take Discover Cards. Ick.

At any rate, I went out and got a decent deal on a 300 at CompUSA ($280), so I decided to say the hell with it and buy the thing. I've yet to activate the phone service (I want to see how general reception on this thing is, first), but so far it's very awesome; especially considering that I've been using a Treo 90, which is essentially the same damn thing without the phone. Go figure, but this seems soooo much cooler.
    I just called Sprint and they denied having a $50 rebate for the Treo 300 w/ a one year agreement.
    Here's what is on Sprint's website about the rebate for the Treo 300:

Save $100 on select PCS Vision Phones

This PCS VisionSM Phone is eligible for $100 instant savings. This offer is available to customers adding a new line of service on a PCS Free & Clear Plan with Vision, with a two-year PCS Advantage Agreement. Customers purchasing a phone without a PCS Free & Clear Plan with Vision will receive a mail-in rebate. This special offer ends August 10, 2003. See details below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instant Savings: Purchase and activation must be made by 8/10/03. Offer may not exceed total purchase price of phones. Mail-in Rebate: Requires purchase of a new PCS Phone by 8/10/03 and activation by 8/24/03 on a PCS Consumer Service Plan. Savings may not exceed purchase price of phone. Offers are subject to change without notice and may not be combinable. See in-store materials for details. Service Plan: Subject to credit. A $150 Early Termination fee and a non-refundable $36 phone activation fee apply. A deposit may be required. Restrictions apply. See PCS Service Plans Guide for full details.

Basically, buy a Treo with new line and 2 years agreement to get $100 instant rebate. Buy Treo just for existing line and get $100 mail in rebate. If a CS rep tells you otherwise, direct them towards the link http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/Pa...&bbSku=treo300 because it's there in black and white.