1.    #1  
    How can I read SMS messages in my treo? This thing is the laughing stock of everyone I know that likes to send SMS because it's a $500 phone and the only message I get when someone SMSes me is

No Caller ID
    Shortmail@onebox.mail.bulk.sprint:
    Short Mail:New Short Mail. Select Go to read it
    http://smwl.uc.sprintpcs.com/sml/wap.do?alert=true

which then returns a blazer error. Help!!!!

I get email alerts from CNN with the SMS app just fine, however when it comes to getting messages from other cell users, this thing just farts out.

Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    By the way this is my second treo300 and the first one did the same damn thing. I see people here talking about receiving SMS all the time, but what the heck are you guys reading??? I just get that funky message *unless* it's my CNN alerts, or unless it's an *actual* email sent to mynumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com. If it's true SMS sent from one cell phone to mine I just get that funky message above and have found absolutely no way of getting the message!!!

This is kind of an emergency at the moment. Has anyone heard of this problem?
    You need to get Treo300SMS from PDAapps. The treo doesn't support SMS real well as you have found out. Many of us got Sprint to pay for it. Do a search on the board for further information.
  4.    #4  
    Cool thanks...does anyone know if this means that I will or won't be able to recover the actual content of those other messages?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by rwilson290
    Cool thanks...does anyone know if this means that I will or won't be able to recover the actual content of those other messages?

Thanks.
    You won't be able to get them back on your Treo. But just log into sprintpcs.com from your computer and you can check all your shortmail there. If you really need those to be on your Treo, just forward them to yourself.