1.    #1  
    Hi,

I've been using my Treo for 4 days now. I really like the features of the phone. Now, I'm having poor reception problems with it. Inside the building I work I usually don't get a signal where with my Samsung A400 I never had a problem. I might need to return this phone
    Has anybody else experience this problem?

--TinManX
    Yep, I got the same prob. Especially with data connections. Drop net city. My verichat/aim friends get angry with me bc I can't keep a decent conversation.

Please tell me it's not all Treos. Bc I still have 10 or so days to return it for a new one.
    Only a day, but been experiencing dropped calls/signal fade error messages pretty regularly today, more than my old Samsung 8500 for the last month. Blazer was erratic as well.
    After my second Treo bit the dust I finally got fed up and replaced it with a Toshiba 2032 for data and a Sanyo 6400 for phone calls. I'm totally amazed how much stronger the signal is on the Sanyo 6400 than my Treo. All of a sudden I can make clear phone calls from places that had no signal on my Treo. The Treo never worked in my office - the Sanyo works perfectly. It's nice to have a phone that works for a change and doesn't get a "fatal exception" everytime you step outside the SPCS signal area.
    My experience with my Treo has been the opposite of yours. I have found that my Treo is among the best I have ever had for RF performance on phone calls. It is up there with the Sanyo 4900, 6400, both of which I have owned, and lightyears better than any Samsung I have owned (A500, I330, 8500).
    My Sanyo 4900 blows away the Treo 300 for reception. And if the 4900 gets weak (like if talking in a closet), just raise the antenna and it goes up a notch.

My coverage area is such that the 4900 is excellent without any call dropping, and the Treo 300 is unusable unless you stand perfectly still in the strongest reception area in the house.
    My experience with my Treo has been the opposite of yours. I have found that my Treo is among the best I have ever had for RF performance on phone calls. It is up there with the Sanyo 4900, 6400, both of which I have owned, and lightyears better than any Samsung I have owned (A500, I330, 8500).
    Same experience here. My girlfriend needs to borrow my treo to make phone-calls when her sanyo 6400 doesn't work.

-rob
    Are these comparisons done using the same carrier and service?
    I have had sprint for several years and until just the last few days the Treos have worked better than previous phones. But today, I can not get a signal in my house where I have been using for months. Have new treo for about amonth but just noticing the problem. My wife has a simple phone and had 4 bars. Sitting at stop lite in my neighborhood and not moving, it alternatated with no service to 3 bars.

What is up. Is it Atlanta Sprint? If so I live in NE Atlanta inside the perimeter. Is it the Treo. Given the variations in this thread could be that there is some variation in how well individual phones receive and send calls.

Please give me you advice.
    Originally posted by burb
    Are these comparisons done using the same carrier and service?
    I live in DC and have been having the same problems within the last week -- I can't get connected to the network without repeated tries, and when I make a call my signal strength goes from 2 bars down to zero, so that I get the "network signal faded -- call was lost" message. I thought it was my phone, but perhaps Sprint is having major network problems. With luck, it'll be due to an upgrade. Any other similar experiences in DC/elsewhere?
    I live in Pasadena (Los Angeles) and I'm feeling like reception is getting worse

I'm using a refurbished model, as well

is there some kind of setting that i need to do in order to fix it?
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    is there some kind of setting that i need to do in order to fix it?
    There are no settings changes that will solve this problem. I imagine this due to a network problem on Sprint's side.

Even on new, perfect treos, it is not uncommon to jump around from 5 to 2 bars and then back up to 4 in a matter of seconds. Ignore the SS indicator, tnon of them are ever accurate.

I would hold out for a few days, and if things don't get better give sprint a call, or bring your phone in for diagnostics.

Good luck

-rob
    My reception in the los angeles area has been very sketchy recently. I'll be sitting in my living room and my phone will drop a call and go from four bars to no reception. 10 minutes later, it's back to four bars. It's been going on for maybe a couple weeks.