Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    my neo + visorphone is dying on me and i want to upgrade to the 180. upon reading this board i now am having second thoughts with the quality problems reported. they are really cheap now with all the hoarded inventory being released. there is a local guy selling new 180g's for about $160 shipped. is there anything i should look out for? i could just get another neo and wait but the form factor is getting clumsier by the day

thanks
    I'd check for deals you can get on the 270 and 300 now before going with a 180. I purchased one and am quite happy with it but I too have read the negatives.

You can get the other models for next to nothing after rebates so it might be worth going that way. Might also depend on carriers - I could only find one that would handle the 180 but Sprint has the 300 everywhere(?).

If you go with your idea, make sure the phone isn't locked into one carrier (unlock instructions are on this board somewhere).

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    i'd prefer to stay with GSM as i'm satisfied with its performance. the special offer for the 270 requires a new activation plus an internet plan of at least an additional $35 per month. they offer something similar for the 180 with similar conditions. i already am a t-mobile customer and just want to move my sim over and dial up the way i've been doing as the gprs offerings are still kinda pricy.

btw why is the 180g supposed to be better - is it an upgraded unit (aside from graffiti)?
    Between Treo 180 and 270, pick the 270. They have the unit on sale at Amazon for the same price as the HS site but because of rebate you get it only for about $50.

The 180 has the speaker problem, 270's does not have that and also 180 is phased out of HS hence you cannot even get extended warantee.

I have a 180. I use it a lot when I travel. Sure beat bringing your PDA and cell phone at the same time. I am a little frustrated with HS because of their support but I manage to resolve a lot my issues with the Treo Central users here.

I am now trying to configure it so I can use it with my Laptop.

Good Luck,

Ronnie
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    well i bit the bullet and got a 180 off ebay. i will use my visor as my standby unit if i experience any hiccups.

for others reading this thread - the rebates require a new signup plus INTERNET SERVICE (GPRS). the rebate is not like the others available on other phones and unless you really need GPRS, you can't use it. also, if you are an existing customer you have to wait 180 days or use your wife's (or anyone else willing to let you use their) name.
    Amazon.com has its own rebate for the 270 that brings the price down to $149. T-Mobile adds the $100 that brings it down to $50. The rebate offers end 7/31. I'm still on the fence as to whether I want to upgrde to color.

30 hours to decide.......
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    the true price is $150 which is not bad - forget the $100 rebate from t-mobile. read what i posted about the t-mobile rebates. oh well, i got mine for less than a $100 for a new unit (oh yeah with a $150 rebate from t-mobile)...
    Last edited by joeysmith; 07/30/2003 at 07:53 PM.