Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=5705

A bunch of stuff, including simulator. Yay!

Edit: Whoops, didn't see it on here already.
    I posted this in Article Comments too, but I thought maybe more people would see it here.

I'm a little concerned about this. If you go to page 383 (page 373 is written in the corner of the document), you can read this, "The Treo 600 includes a 1200 mAh Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery." I thought we were told 1800, or is this just a mistake on their part, or maybe even due to the fact that its a preliminary document?

Edit: I also notice on the following page that it "uses a ... lithium-polymer battery with a capacity of 1800 mAh."

Let's hope that the latter is correct.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by jhoff80
    Edit: I also notice on the following page that it "uses a ... lithium-polymer battery with a capacity of 1800 mAh."
    Seems a little weird. It says "..prismatic, lithium polymer battery with a capacity of 1800 mAH."

I thought all lithium polymer's were pouch-type, not prismatic.

Edit: WTF, check out page 389. 3-pole 2.5mm jack. Umm that's not Nokia compatible. I don't know if I'm for it or against it. Seeing's how I have a Nokia Jabra Freespeak, I think I'm for keeping it Nokia-style.
    Originally posted by potatoho

Seems a little weird. It says "..prismatic, lithium polymer battery with a capacity of 1800 mAH."

I thought all lithium polymer's were pouch-type, not prismatic.

Edit: WTF, check out page 389. 3-pole 2.5mm jack. Umm that's not Nokia compatible. I don't know if I'm for it or against it. Seeing's how I have a Nokia Jabra Freespeak, I think I'm for keeping it Nokia-style.
    Wasn't it noted a while ago they are going with the standard earpiece jack? Not the nokia one?
    I also just played around with the T600 Simulator they provide. While most high-res apps seem like they're working with it, the one problem I've had is with games. Trying to run Insaniquarium in high res just resulted in not being able to click on the buttons, although it did downsample to fit the screen. In order to get it to work, I had to install the Low Res version, which would be fine, except that the low res versions don't have the enhanced sound of the high res versions.

Running another high res game only resulted in the program crashing. Here's hoping that the developers start including better sound for low res software, or that Handspring gets high res games to downsample correctly to the lower resolution and still work.
  6.    #6  
    How are you installing apps in the simulator? Ever since the 5.2 simulator I've had problems using the right-click method. Currently I copy the apps into the AutoLoad directory and that's working for me.
    Its working fine for me to right click. Another method is to just drag the applications you want installed over the simulator window.

I realized just now that I had "allow direct screen access" unchecked, and that is why it was even allowing me to try the high res version of insaniquarium in the first place.

Another quirk I'm noticing is that a black and white version of Verichat is installing, even though I know that on the regular 5.2 Simulator it installed a different one.

A plus though is that games are recognizing up and down on the d-pad without any extra support, and since the other 4 hard buttons will be directly to the sides of the dpad anyway, it won't be too difficult to use them for left and right. However, it would be nice for developers to code the left and right on the d-pad, which would free up extra buttons; i'm sure this will happen right around the time that it actually gets released though.
  8.    #8  
    Its working fine for me to right click. Another method is to just drag the applications you want installed over the simulator window.
    Ok. Must be a quirk with my Win4Lin, or the fact that I'm using Win98SE in it. OS 5.0 sim was fine, just when I went to 5.2 sim a few months ago I noticed this same problem.
  9.    #9  
    Hey, check out Handspring5/Common/Libraries/HsSoundLib/HsSoundLibCommon.h in the SDK. It looks like they run all audio into and out of an AC97 compatible audio chip. You can mix and match all kinds of stuff. From the way it reads, the headset jack is capable of either ear-mic, or stereo-ear. I can't find any docs (other than the headers etc) for the HsSoundLib though. They weren't included in the PDF.
    I think I read somewhere in the PDF that they are putting all sounds through one place, too....

found it:
    Treo 600 contains an audio codec. All analog and digital audio are routed
    through this codec to complete the audio subsystem. The audio codec is a
    Wolfson codec, part number WMF9705.
    it says so on page 374 in the PDF file.
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by treopolis
    it says so on page 374 in the PDF file.
    Ahh ok. Pretty slick chip.

http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/products...o/ac97/WM9705/
    It shows such error:

Due to U.S. export law restrictions, this file may not be downloaded at this time.

Anyone have download it? Can send me a copy? My email is
    asics@bizcn.com ,thx very much!
    same problem here.

But I heard that the simulator is not that exciting looking. Could someone who has it up and running tell us other poor people some more about it?

andreas
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
    well i mean its not really that much different from the regular palm os 5.2 simulator. It only shows the screen of the treo. it also shows the graffiti area, since i'm assuing theres no support for custom skins like in the palm os emulator. the only extras are that it includes the handspring tutorials, blazer, email system, phone program (which btw has a very interesting use of the 5 way system; it shows shortcuts to blazer, favorites [the new speed dial], pictures, and contacts, and if you press the center button it will go to either the call log or the dialpad, depending on if you've got the dialpad on the home screen, or wallpaper instead) and sms/mms depending on which version you download, and the pictures/camera program. it still includes citytime, so if anyone who had an older treo liked that its still here. also new is a security app, which autolocks the handheld after its turned off, or after a short time, and blocks out everything but emergency phone calls. With the mail app, I think i'm still going to stick to snappermail, although it does look like a halfway decent alternative.

also being that its the debug release, it has a few programs on it that i don't even know what they do, like "TV" and "debug prefs"

Also theres a battery meter application included that actually shows estimated voltages, currents, and charges and the like.. of course running from the simulator its a constant full, but that will be nice to have once i get the actual device.

oh and those buttons i mentioned earlier with the phone app are fully customizable if you don't like the defaults.

hopefully my rambling is coherent enough to give you a decent idea of what the simulator/ treo software is like
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    TV?? As in tuner, or remote control?
    Uh sorry to get your hopes up. TV as in trace viewer if i go to the about box of it... like i said.. one of the debug apps that i have no idea what it does..
    The simulator says it can't load the ROM provided into 0x60000000 and that there is no ROM relocation file, and then exists. Any special instructions for starting it? I just unzipped in a directory and ran palmsim.exe.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Uh sorry to get your hopes up. TV as in trace viewer if i go to the about box of it... like i said.. one of the debug apps that i have no idea what it does..
    LOL! Thanks for checking. P.S. Samsung's latest Korean PPC phone has a TV tuner!
    All i did was unzip it and run the PalmSim file. It asked me which rom to use and i picked the only one in the folder.

Which version are you trying? The CDMA or GSM?
    I heard there is a dedicated Home Page button, that would be nice.

Also is there a launcher type program? I haven't registered Launcher X yet and don't think it's worth the $20.

I'm looking forward to seeing and probably buying the T600.

Thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast