Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I mean, when you are at home or office, why use high gain cell connection while you can use Wi-Fi ?

I have posted HS a customer feedback form on the topic of VoIP in Treo600, but got no response.

Such support could give VoIP a boost, as finally you will have a portable VoIP phone, which is the same one you are familiar with, and include all innovations (as opposed to most landline units)

That would be great - though I assume not much cheapera as your service provider bound to take his cut for connecting you to the public phone system.
    Well, Vonage's $35:mo unlimited US+Canada calling shows how economical a POTS-quality VoIP service can be, even with the Net/phone hardware adapter they sent me at no extra charge, and my $40:mo cablemodem. But their model excludes an open VoIP connection to a SIP terminal, like a softphone application, that I provide myself. So the stable mobile phone and the stable VoIP network have yet to interface on the large scale, although FWN and iConnectHere, among others, might scale up to provide the reliable quality of Vonage. Are you using a PalmOS softphone with a PSTN-connected VoIP provider? How do you like it?
    The PalmGPhone lists a "StrongARM 206 and above" processor. Isn't that faster than the ARM in the Treo?
    Originally posted by Raschied
    The PalmGPhone lists a "StrongARM 206 and above" processor. Isn't that faster than the ARM in the Treo?
    Yeah, but the app seems to work fine...it just can't seem to connect to the network. Read this thread for more info...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Has anyone actually sucesfully tried this with a treo 600? If so how did it work?
    Originally posted by quale
    Has anyone actually sucesfully tried this with a treo 600? If so how did it work?
    If you mean VoIP via wifi, then the answer is NO since it was recently reported that the wifi SD cards will NOT be compatible with the Treo600...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t44152/s.html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    If they put out Bluetooth, that will solve the fake SD/IO slot's limitations. It will suck to rely on a Bluetooth/WiFi gateway, like another computer, or yet another portable device, with the Bluetooth distance/bandwidth/feature bottleneck. But it might suffice until a successor to the Treo600 arrives next year for an upgrade. And Bluetooth does have builtin features to support wireless components for voicecalls, like handsfree headsets in reverse. But this is a big blow: my main use for the phone was as cell/WiFi to compensate for the cell black hole in my apartment. I thought that I would be in the clear by 2003Q1, but I believed Handspring and SanDisk's lives. At least I waited to get realworld feedback before spending more on the phone than on a computer, especially counting bandwidth.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12