1.    #1  
    Back in the old days I could exit VeriChat and it would keep my presence on AIM and Yahoo. Now for the past few months when I switch applications it will move my presence to Idle, and then around 5 minutes later it will logoff. It does it with both AIM and Yahoo simultaneously.

Is anyone else having this problem?
    I noticed this problem the day that they released v 1.81 or maybe it was 1.82 and I immediately removed it and went back to v 1.76 and it works great.
    There is a thread somewhere where this was discussed. It actually went wild on my 270 and created all sorts of software issues.
    Go back to v1.76
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  4.    #4  
    Thanks! Oh yeah I remember that thread. Kinda scary since 1.8x has been around for so long, yet has this fundamental problem. Anywhoo I found a 1.77 I had snarfed off of PalmGear way back when, and it seems to fix the problem like you said.
    Originally posted by potatoho
    Thanks! Oh yeah I remember that thread. Kinda scary since 1.8x has been around for so long, yet has this fundamental problem. Anywhoo I found a 1.77 I had snarfed off of PalmGear way back when, and it seems to fix the problem like you said.
    With v1.82, thinks are OK if you do a fresh install from scratch.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Am i doing the wright thing by just deleting verichat and install the .prc again or does a fresh install involve some other steps?

I've tried installing it again but I can't get it to work the way the 1.76 used to do, bummer I've deleted the older version from my PC.

Please Verichat sort this out you got me as acustomer because the trial was good but the updates made more harm than good, I actually aint using the program much nowadays because its impossible to stay "online".

/Andreas on the thumb board
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by Andreas
    ..bummer I've deleted the older version from my PC.
    http://pdaapps.com/verichat/VeriChat1_76_en.zip

Be sure to delete the later version before installing this. The prefs are not compatible.