1.    #1  
    After six 180 replacements I screamed for a 270 in exchange. HS respectfully declined, but offered to send a NEW unit rather than a recycled/refurbished/returned/reject that they usually send.

When the box showed up, it contains a 270 color unit. Maybe they realized that the 180 was not working after 6 replacements, or maybe they don't have any NEW 180s left.

I guess I will be rolling over to the 270 discussion after I load the color versions of my software. Good luck, and we will all hope the 600 shows better reliability in 6 months.
    Invest in Education; the future return grossly exceeds anything else. You can lose your car or your house, but not your degree.
    i too have had 5 treo180's ('g'versions mind you) that have gone kaputt. i'd rather wait for the treo600 than give in to the uncool thumb-board 270 yet. i know 270 users, they seem to be happy and not facing too many problems, but i am so graffiti-hooked.
    but still, congrats to you gcorson . if you like thumb-board, you deserved it.
    i find that handspring should give all of us frustrated 180g users a treo600 for free. i mean the nerves that all these defects cost us are unpayable.
    oh please palmspring, make us a palmeo'g' or something like that, just for the sake of us graffiti people. i function fully well with graffiti and dont require any additional text input speed to function well.
  3.    #3  
    When my color replacement arrived, it was accompanied by a form letter from Deonna Haywood reminding me not to mix the SIM doors, etc.

When I tried to call and thank her at (650) 230-5129, it appears that Deonna is a member of the Handspring Executive Corporate Relations Escalation Team. I think that is something akin to a Customer Support Firefighter. Anyway, if the (888) 565-9393 people blow you off, you may want to drop Deonna's name or give her a call if your frustration reaches a higher than usual level with your repeated replacements.
    Invest in Education; the future return grossly exceeds anything else. You can lose your car or your house, but not your degree.