1.    #1  
    Any Wireless modem gurus out there?

I have been using WirelessModem successfully to connect both my laptop and my Sony Clie NR70V to the internet. Instead of a cable, I am using IR (supported in WirelessModem) to connect my Treo 300 to the laptop or PDA. Everything works perfectly (thanks to good documentation on the WirelessModem web site).

I mostly use this setup for my laptop, when I need to get online in a place with no dialup, network or WiFi available. I set up the Clie connection just for fun, and to see how web pages would look on that beautiful HiRes+ screen.

OK...here's the problem...I just upgraded to a Clie NX80V (a great PDA, by the way!). So, when I set up the connection and network prefs exactly as they were set up on the other PDA, the connection doesn't complete. It gets to the part where it says "signing on", the little graphic of the shaking hands appears, but instead of saying "established", it just freezes there for a moment, then I get a PPP timeout error on the PDA.

Any idea why this would work on an OS4 PDA, but not an OS5 PDA? Like I said, the setup for WirelessModem on the Treo is the same, the setup on the PDA is the same...and why does it dial OK, and start the authentication process, but hang at that point?

Kinda wierd....huh?

Thanks in advance for any help here,
    PalmDoc
    Hmm...maybe you should post this in the wireless modem thread so that perhaps Scott Gruby may see you question. (Btw, I understand he's moved on to the TG50 these days).

Also, is this the same PalmDoc from PIC? If so, I thought you went and got yourself an Axim?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    I use the handle PalmDoc on PIC and ClieSource, as well as here...and NO NO NO...I have never even entertained the idea of crossing over to the dark side! Must be someone with a similar handle. I am on my 12th PalmOS based device, and I carry both my Treo 300 and Clie NX80V everywhere I go. Bill Gates will have to pry my Palm from my cold, dead hands before I switch!

By the way...Love your avatar. I am a 2-time UM grad (Undergrad and Med School) and have a faculty appointment at the Med School. I bleed orange and green!!
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Hmm...maybe you should post this in the wireless modem thread so that perhaps Scott Gruby may see you question. (Btw, I understand he's moved on to the TG50 these days).
    Nope, I haven't moved on to a TG50; I don't like the keyboard. I've been quite busy with other projects and don't visit TreoCentral much.

BTW, I just connected a CLIE NX80 via IR to a Treo 300 w/o any problems. Setup a Connection to a modem with a speed of 57600 and then setup a Network using that connection and #777 as the number.