Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The Italian Handspring website has significantly more information and pictures on the Treo 600 than all others, and has a PDF brochure with larger pictures. You can now actually see the SIM slot that Jake has been talking about! The site also has a link to an online retailer where you can reserve your Treo 600 for 899.00 (ouch!).

http://www.handspring.it/prodotti/overview600.html

Enjoy!
    Last edited by silverado; 07/20/2003 at 05:54 PM.
  2.    #2  
    A couple of interesting points from trying to translate parts of the brochure. The GSM model is listed at 5 hours talk time and 2 weeks standby!! Do people still think the non-replacable battery is a big deal?! Also, it says you can assign different ringtones to people (so you won't need a 3rd party app for that). I guess this should be a given since it was said that it will have picture caller ID.

Interestingly, the date on the phone's display in one of the pictures October 24, 2003. I think someone had pointed out that another picture had said 10/4/2003, but it wasn't clear if that was April or October. This one leaves no doubt. Don't know if it is significant, but I think it is since it is in an official brochure.
    maybe italy will be the first place it is released?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Nine hundred euros? Here's a reason I'm glad I'm not European.
  5.    #5  
    Ouch... only 24MB out of the 32 are available! I sure hope we get a lot of good software for those 8 megs!
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Felipe
    maybe italy will be the first place it is released?
    The retailer (treostore.com) says it's available in September.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Nine hundred euros? Here's a reason I'm glad I'm not European.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the US retail price was $900. The same retailer has the Treo 270 for 599 Euros. Lets hope this Italian price is much higher than what it will really be.
    Originally posted by silverado

I wouldn't be surprised if the US retail price was $900. The same retailer has the Treo 270 for 599 Euros. Lets hope this Italian price is much higher than what it will really be.
    what would 900 euros convert to green backs?

All the os pictures had english wording.
    Felipe
  9.    #9  
    Here are specs in English.

It seems that treostore.com is showing the 600 for a few european countries including Italy and Germany and it says it will be available "by September". We can only hope!

I wouldn't be surprised if the US retail price was $900.
    How do you reconcile that statement with Handspring's predicting a $400-$500 price range?
    Originally posted by Felipe

what would 900 euros convert to green backs?

All the os pictures had english wording.
    Just over a thousand dollars as of now. http://finance.yahoo.com/m5?a=900&s=EUR&t=USD
    does anybody know (Jake maybe) where the ringer/vibrate switch went? is it now in the software?
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    How do you reconcile that statement with Handspring's predicting a $400-$500 price range?
    What I meant is that if 900 euros is correct, I wouldn't be surprised if it were USD 900, because that website sells the 270 right now for 500 euros. I hope 900 euros is wrong.

That said, these are retail prices, and the $400-500 figure is for street price from carriers. The 270 started out retailing for $700 when you got it wihtout a contract.
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by Speedracer
    does anybody know (Jake maybe) where the ringer/vibrate switch went? is it now in the software?
    It's still on top of the phone, at the opposite end from the antenna. One of the pictures on the italian site shows clearly.
    Here are specs in English.

It seems that treostore.com is showing the 600 for a few european countries including Italy and Germany and it says it will be available "by September". We can only hope!
    metal stylus. hmm
    slipcase. with or without clip?
    cable nor cradle. if I can't re-use the 270 cradles I'm gonna need two cradles.
    Felipe
    The GSM model is listed at 5 hours talk time and 2 weeks standby!! Do people still think the non-replacable battery is a big deal?!
    Hmm why is it only 5 hours for GSM now. All other docs say it is supposed to be 6 hours. Does the European GSM make it suck more power or are they just being more honest?
    http://www.treostore.com/overview.tm...untry_ID=HS001

size: 4.2" x 2.8" x 0.82" (10.8 cm x 7.1 cm x 2.1 cm)??

dats about the size of current treo..
    Mcnab
    The interesting thing about the size at the bottom of the Germany Handspring site is the size and weight. Notice there are two sizes and weights. I wonder if one of them is the GSM and the other the CDMA. I wonder which one is which.
    Originally posted by Mcnab
    http://www.treostore.com/overview.tm...untry_ID=HS001

size: 4.2" x 2.8" x 0.82" (10.8 cm x 7.1 cm x 2.1 cm)??

dats about the size of current treo..
    It's also rated at 2.5 hours talk time and 100 hours standby. Those are far less what I've read elsewhere.

Maybe Treostore.com is wrong. It doesn't seem like they are officially Handspring, just a reseller.
    Originally posted by jakilw
    The interesting thing about the size at the bottom of the Germany Handspring site is the size and weight. Notice there are two sizes and weights. I wonder if one of them is the GSM and the other the CDMA. I wonder which one is which.
    TreoStore's spec sheet has two sets of specs listed, starting at the battery. I think they mixed up two different device's specs on one sheet.

They wouldn't be listing specs for a CDMA device because there is no CDMA in Europe.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast