1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just purchased a Treo 300 yesterday and I'm comepletely new to the Palm OS and Sprint's Vision. I've been looking for a good place for information and "How To" guide since calling CSR is very frustrating (They usually don't have the info or give you bad info). I've found that forum like this is the perfect place to get information. Does anybody know of a website with Treo/Vision how to information? Right now I'm trying to figure out how to receive and send e-mails from my Treo. Also, how do I send e-mails to my treo from somewhere else. Finally, is there a way to do MSN messenger with Treo & Vision? I'm sure more question will come later. I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Francis
    Does anybody know of a website with Treo/Vision how to information?
    You already found it!

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to receive and send e-mails from my Treo.
    You need to install a 3rd party emai client. There are literally tons to choose from. I'ld recommend you start off with Eudora because its simple and freeware. Many people think snappermail is the best client out there. Do a search to find out more info about which app is best for you.

Also, how do I send e-mails to my treo from somewhere else.
    It depends on what type of email account you have. If you use a corporate acct with pop3 access, then you can use one of the email clients like I stated above. There are also various options for IMAP etc. Also, you have the option of setting up your SprintPCS email account as well. You have to go to the site, log in and set that up. Finally, you can check your web-based accts like yahoo or hotmail via blazer these sites:

http://pg1.yahoo.com/
    http://mobile.msn.com/hm/folder.aspx

Finally, is there a way to do MSN messenger with Treo & Vision?
    You have a few options here. I would recommend you get Verichat from pdaapps. This is a really nice unified instant messenger that is worth the investment. (I also recommend you get Treo300SMS as well). Other options include PalmMSN which is a java based app that will VERY SLOWLY log onto MSN sometimes. You need to also download MIDP from the Sun website. Then there is also apps like Messenger Force which you can try. I haven't tried this one though...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Hey,

Wow... thanks for giving a helping hand to this newbie I'm going to go ahead and install Eudora. Do you know what the settings are for the Sprint e-mail account?

Thanks,

Francis
    Yeah it simple:

POP: pop.sprintpcs.com
    SMTP: smtp.sprintpcs.com

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions