Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I want to see if anyone has this happen.

Sometimes when I connect to Verichat, and it tries to log me onto ICQ, Yahoo and AIM, I will get one or two of the services to come back with the message that I've been logged off the (ICQ or Yahoo or AIM) proxy server.

If I keep trying to connect it works eventually. It's very annoying and I just tried a hard reset and putting it back and it still happens.

Does anyone else have this problem?? I use all lower case in my ID..

The strange thing is that if I keep trying, it connects. So I doubt it's my ID/PW.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    This happens from time to time for me as well. I do the same as you; keep trying and you finally get through. I believe it has something to do with the individual services (i.e. AIM servers are overloaded or something)...
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by KKenna
    This happens from time to time for me as well. I do the same as you; keep trying and you finally get through. I believe it has something to do with the individual services (i.e. AIM servers are overloaded or something)...
    I never have this happen to me on my PC with Trillian. I do not think it's AIM/Yahoo/ICQ's problem.

I can always log in with trillian on my PC without a problem.
    I'm also having this problem with AIM using VeriChat. I sent an e-mail to PDAApps support and they suggested removing and reinstalling the app. I did that, but it is still having the same problem, which is very annoying.

I suggest everyone with this issue contact PDAApps.

Geoffrey
    I installed Verichat on the 180. It worked very well (AIM and Yahoo), but I started noticing problems that I hadn't had before, like soft reset - crashes, and a weird one a couple of times where none of the internet apps could connect because of "too many connections" -- a soft reset fixed that, so I suppose it was the TCP/IP implementation on the treo that had too many connections.

Anyway, after a couple of times walking around for potentially hours without knowing that my treo was crashed and I was missing calls, I uninstalled the chat program. All's been well since then.