1.    #1  
    I tend to get lost in all the technical GSM/GPRS/XYZ band stuff, so help me out here...will this new phone function on the analog system when needed, in addition to the regular Sprint 3G system? I love my Treo 300 but I have no digital service out in the country where I live, so the thing only works when I head towards work or I'm out of town. It's still very useful as a PDA at home, but I'm still forced to use two phones. Verizon is the only local service and Sprint supposedly has a deal with Verizon to use their tower....so.....if the new Treo could use that analog tower, I would be home free! One phone! And a work phone...and a pager...and a laptop with an aircard.... Any thoughts? I'm sure it's elementary...and that I'm dreaming.
    Originally posted by wvutdre79
    will this new phone function on the analog system when needed, in addition to the regular Sprint 3G system?
    Nope. No analog.
    I am frustrated by this answer. I've got the Treo 300 but occaisionally travel into an area without Sprint service. As if not having service isn't bad enough, have you tried finding and using a public payphone these days?
    It will work on 800MHz CDMA, which is used by much of the Verizon network, so roaming onto that network will be possible. It's fairly extensive.

I actually have a spare add-a-phone in the glovebox of my car for that one bound-to-happen emergency where I'm in a roaming situation.

Geoffrey
  5.    #5  
    My problem is that I do not always want to carry my Treo...I also have a work phone. I live in a rural area (but work and travel in metro areas) with analog Verizon coverage only and none of my three phones (Treo, two AT&T's) work here. Now I am getting a Nextel instead of one of the AT&T's (work again) and I think it might work up here. IF the 600 worked up here I would probably suck it up and just use that and a work phone, because even though it's larger than the tiny phones, it's smaller than my 300. Such problems we have...
    I know Kung Fu...